Western Career College??

Nursing Students LPN-RN

Published

I am an LVN, and I just started taking classes at my local community college to apply to their RN program. Then I got a postcard from Western Career college. Thay have an acceleratede LVN to RN program. It would be much more expensive, but faster than community college. I just wonder about their reputation. It is a new program, and Western Career College is known for their Medical Assistant and Dental Assistant programs.

I already calle WCC to find out more, but the "representative" didn't know anything, since it is a brand new program. She said someone would contact me. Of course that was before Christmas, and I haven't heard anything......

What do you all think?

Specializes in Knuckle Dragging Nurse aka MTA.

well western career college charges over $22,000 for there lvn program , so I am assuming that the RN program will be a lot as well. I am thinking about doing the lvn -rn bridge there after I get my B.S. degree if I can get some financial aid.

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych.

I would not be all that shocked if WCC's LVN-to-RN program cost in the neighborhood of $35,000 to $40,000. But it is worth it to those who need to get in and out, and graduate without spending time on irrelevant 'filler' classes.

Specializes in Knuckle Dragging Nurse aka MTA.

i agree.. plus making an RN wage $30,000 won't take forever to get paid off. I have done about 5 out of the 11 pre-reqs to get into the RN programs in california. It is such a drag to complete them all, and completing them all still doesnt mean you won't have to wait. If I can get in fast, I will consider WCC as long as its not too expensive.

Hi.. I know they only have the lvn-rn bridge in sacramento, ca. I will be starting my lvn program at WCC in san leandro this sept. and really want to do the bridge with them also.. do you know if they will be having a lvn-rn program in the bay area... like in san leandro?? if you heard anything, cause I know the bridge is new to WCC in sac..

are you planning to still do the bridge with them?

I too was interested in the LVN program at WCC in San Leandro. What if any are the prerequisites?? Tuition? Are they accreditied? (sorry for all the ? )

Hi.. I know they only have the lvn-rn bridge in sacramento, ca. I will be starting my lvn program at WCC in san leandro this sept. and really want to do the bridge with them also.. do you know if they will be having a lvn-rn program in the bay area... like in san leandro?? if you heard anything, cause I know the bridge is new to WCC in sac..

are you planning to still do the bridge with them?

I recieved some info from them about their bridge program. All the classes and clinicals are in the evenings and on weekends. Apparantly so that you can still work during the day. But since I have a husband and young son, this is not the best program for me.

I think that the private LVN to RN program is good way to go. Its true that it is very expensive but I am sure that with an RN's salary you can pay it back pretty well. You could also wait for community college to accept you which is a cheaper route. I've heard when people reapply about 3 to 5 times to community college then they eventually get in for which ever program. But I am sure that they probably allow LVNs or more older and mature adults to get in much easier because you are half way there and have experience. In my area it is hard to get into the programs because there are more people than seats available. Hope this helps. Let me know what you decide to do and what your situation is. Good luck!

I too was interested in the LVN program at WCC in San Leandro. What if any are the prerequisites?? Tuition? Are they accreditied? (sorry for all the ? )

Hi, there are no pre-reqs to appy to their program, but if you have done any another school, they can review your transcripts so you can recieve credit towards the lvn program. Also, their tuition is $27,522.00 (I spoke to their financial advisor just last friday), and they are accreditetd by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)? which means if ever you decide to get your ADN or BSN or MSN, etc at any (or most) of the colleges in California then you can transfer your credits from WCC towards whatever school you'll be applying to. This is the reason I chose to take this path, even though it is 2 to 3 months longer than the other LVN program (who is not WASC accredited) and is expensive...

hope this helps!

good luck!

Thanks for all the info Soon2. The tuition is a big ouch!! I'll have to check out some grant programs. Thanks again.

I Have An Appt To Meet W/someone On Mon. Did You Ever Go Any Further W/ Wcc? Did You Take Their Test. Thanks

Specializes in LTC, hospice, home health.

I'm interested in WCC's LVN to RN program and I hope you'll let us know how your meeting with them goes. I'd like to know what the LVN to RN program costs, too. It's a degree program, right?

+ Add a Comment