finger print card problems

World International

Published

hi!im new here...

anyway,im a newly registered nurse from philippines and i passed my nclex application in california last august.i received a letter from them today stating their rejection on my fingerprint card.they sent me another fingerprint card but the problem is it already has bends due to incompetent handling of the mailman. i totally understand that they wont accept fingerprintcards with bends/folds on it..using that card will put me at risk again for rejection.do i really have to use that finger print card they have sent(btw,some info wEre already written on the card by the DOJ)? OR can i just use other fingerprint card issued by their state? can i pass 2 fingerprintcards so if 1 is rejected,they can automatically check the 2nd one?is that allowed? im really having problems with this whole fingerprintcard requirement.first of all,when it arrives in my house,there are already bends on it..second,my palm is very sweaty thus its hard to get clear marks..third,sending documents from here to california is a bit costly so i cannot afford another fingerprint rejection this time..this just makes my whole application longer than i expected..:o

any suggestions?tips?please help..im totally clueless..iv emailed the cali BON but no reply from them yet..

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Have moved your post to the International forum, check out in here and the Philippine forum plenty of information on fingerprints. If you go to the US embassy they will do the prints and make sure they are acceptable before you send them

hi!im new here...

anyway,im a newly registered nurse from philippines and i passed my nclex application in california last august.i received a letter from them today stating their rejection on my fingerprint card.they sent me another fingerprint card but the problem is it already has bends due to incompetent handling of the mailman. i totally understand that they wont accept fingerprintcards with bends/folds on it..using that card will put me at risk again for rejection.do i really have to use that finger print card they have sent(btw,some info wEre already written on the card by the DOJ)? OR can i just use other fingerprint card issued by their state? can i pass 2 fingerprintcards so if 1 is rejected,they can automatically check the 2nd one?is that allowed? im really having problems with this whole fingerprintcard requirement.first of all,when it arrives in my house,there are already bends on it..second,my palm is very sweaty thus its hard to get clear marks..third,sending documents from here to california is a bit costly so i cannot afford another fingerprint rejection this time..this just makes my whole application longer than i expected..:o

any suggestions?tips?please help..im totally clueless..iv emailed the cali BON but no reply from them yet..

Yes, you can send 2 fingerprint cards to be sure. Just simply request another batch to be sent to you. They are handing out 2 cards per applicant again. There is really no other way than requesting another batch to be sent or you can ask some of your friends for an extra copy since the Boards are sending 2 copies per applicant anyway and you only need one card for the process (the DOJ card)

Also, when you send it back to them make sure that the cards are on a hard folder as suggested, such as those used by fedex or DHL if not even a harder one that you can buy on local bookstores if you are not sending it via courier.

See: https://app.dca.ca.gov/rn/requests.asp

Specializes in Med/surg,Tele,PACU,ER,ICU,LTAC,HH,Neuro.

You need to call the state board you are applying with and ask them what is acceptable. You could try the allnurses state forum in the state your applying with. They may know how to get them done. Also...just how bent up and out of shape are they? You might ask the fingerprinting shop if they have more cards.

You need to call the state board you are applying with and ask them what is acceptable. You could try the allnurses state forum in the state your applying with. They may know how to get them done. Also...just how bent up and out of shape are they? You might ask the fingerprinting shop if they have more cards.

bent with visible lines..i think our local NBI here wont even accept that one..they denied my friend's fingerprint card before and its way much better than my fingerprint card right now..so i guess i have no choice but to request for a new card again and wait for another2-3 weeks...:(i've emailed the BON already..if no reply,maybe i'll call them then..

thanks for all your help..:icon_confused:

bent with visible lines..i think our local NBI here wont even accept that one..they denied my friend's fingerprint card before and its way much better than my fingerprint card right now..so i guess i have no choice but to request for a new card again and wait for another2-3 weeks...:(i've emailed the BON already..if no reply,maybe i'll call them then..

thanks for all your help..:icon_confused:

If you use the on-line request form then they won't necessarily have to reply. That on-line request mailing form was created to specifically not let individual requests for cards swamp their e-mail adds. All you have to do is select the manual f.print card option and provide your mailing address and press submit. No need for e-mails.

If you use the on-line request form then they won't necessarily have to reply. That on-line request mailing form was created to specifically not let individual requests for cards swamp their e-mail adds. All you have to do is select the manual f.print card option and provide your mailing address and press submit. No need for e-mails.

oh i mean i sent it to the email add provided in their "contact us" under the application category...i've asked already for a fingerprint cards twice way back before coz our mailmans here just doesnt know how to read that "DONT BEND" mark...:banghead:

so i guess i have to request again for a card and hope our mailman will read that "dont bend" this time...:bowingpur

oh i mean i sent it to the email add provided in their "contact us" under the application category...i've asked already for a fingerprint cards twice way back before coz our mailmans here just doesnt know how to read that "DONT BEND" mark...:banghead:

so i guess i have to request again for a card and hope our mailman will read that "dont bend" this time...:bowingpur

Yes, that's precisely what I meant. It is preferable that you request it through their on-line request form (pls. see link provided above) and not through their e-mail. That is precisely why they created that request form so that they don't have to answer individual requests for f. cards because that will entail additional time for them and it will prevent their e-mail add getting swamped by individual requests of f. print cards when they should be reading and answering other inquiries besides from requests for f.cards.

That is why they created that automated on-line request form specifically for f.print cards mailing. Please use that instead. That will save time for yourself and for them.

Yes, that's precisely what I meant. It is preferable that you request it through their on-line request form (pls. see link provided above) and not through their e-mail. That is precisely why they created that request form so that they don't have to answer individual requests for f. cards because that will entail additional time for them and it will prevent their e-mail add getting swamped by individual requests of f. print cards when they should be reading and answering other inquiries besides from requests for f.cards.

That is why they created that automated on-line request form specifically for f.print cards mailing. Please use that instead. That will save time for yourself and for them.

oh sorry i messed this up...:smackingf yes,the link u gave above-thats where i requested the fingerprint cards before..i really did not email them for the cards..i jst typed my name ,add and waited for 2 weeks...the email which i sent to their "contact us" is different..i asked them the same question i asked here:if its ok to use fingerprint card other than the 1 they recently sent me ...heheeh sorry for the confusion lawrence..thanks so much for the help....:Santa1:

There is no application for the NCLEX exam available for any state, you are applying for licensure as an RN; you are unable to apply directly for that exam.

There is no application that states application for the NCLEX exam.

oh sorry i messed this up...:smackingf yes,the link u gave above-thats where i requested the fingerprint cards before..i really did not email them for the cards..i jst typed my name ,add and waited for 2 weeks...the email which i sent to their "contact us" is different..i asked them the same question i asked here:if its ok to use fingerprint card other than the 1 they recently sent me ...heheeh sorry for the confusion lawrence..thanks so much for the help....:Santa1:

Good luck and hope your local mail man doesn't bend it again. Some do have nasty habits of bending letters.

+ Add a Comment