Paramedic to RN course??

Nursing Students General Students

Published

Does anyone know of a school that offers a paramedic to ASN or BSN bridge program? Especially in or near Ohio. Thanks for your help.

Dean

Does anyone know of a school that offers a paramedic to ASN or BSN bridge program? Especially in or near Ohio. Thanks for your help.

Dean

It will be interesting to see if you find anything, Dean. I'm a former paramedic in nursing school now and found paramedics follow more of the medical model, while nursing of course is under the nursing model. Your experience and training will be a huge help, but would not see how you could bridge from one to the other. Keep us informed!

Sorry, not in Ohio...but CCBC in Maryland just started one.

Jov, there are medic to ASN bridge programs popping up all over it seems. They seem to only take one semester off the 4 semester program, so it is better than nothing but you still learn a lot beyond the medical model. I have found one program in ohio but it is in the Toledo area.

I am entering my last semester in one, but mine is in Georgia. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Gichasome

deannicholas, i found a few more programs, some are on-line...

have no clue about what is good or not, just a few more hits for you

seminole community college has an online medic-rn program

virginia, j sargeant reynolds in richmond, virginia

at home paramedic to rn program 1-888-955-3276.

southwest baptist university in missouri, has a paramedic to rn bridge program. you can get more information here:

http://www.sbuniv.edu/collegeofnursing/paramedic.htm

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&q=%22paramedic+to+rn%22+%22online%22

[color=#2f4f4f]

[color=#2f4f4f]

[color=#2f4f4f]

[color=#228b22]

Owens Community College in Toledo, Ohio just started a bridge program this year. A friend of mine is in the first group. The had 8 paramedics in classes by themselves for the fall, and in the spring they will merge with the last year RN students. They don't have enough paramedics to have a class in the spring 07 but waiting for more for fall 07. Its an 18mnth program.

Kisha

Specializes in Med-Surg, Cardiac.
It will be interesting to see if you find anything, Dean. I'm a former paramedic in nursing school now and found paramedics follow more of the medical model, while nursing of course is under the nursing model. Your experience and training will be a huge help, but would not see how you could bridge from one to the other. Keep us informed!

I agree with JOV. I'm also a paramedic who started nursing school this year. I've been surprised by the difference in point of view between the nursing and medical model, even as a beginning student. When I first considered nursing I was wondering if I could place out of anything, but now I'm not sure I'd want to.

On the other hand I'm very grateful for the knowledge and field experience I got as a medic. Some of it does translate.

+ Add a Comment