Good LVN/LPN NCLEX Review Book

Nursing Students LPN/LVN Students

Published

Specializes in Oncology/BMT/ MICU/ SICU.

I am in a BSN program in Texas, but I will be sitting for the LVN/LPN boards this summer. I currently use Saunders Comprehensive Review for NCLEX-RN to study for my classes, but I was wondering if the PN version of this book was any good?

If not, what is a good NCLEX-PN review book?

Thanks in Advance!

A friend of mine used it to study hers and passed at 86 questions.

i took mine a little over a week ago and used Exam Cram and Mosby's

NclexPN review books. i studied maybe two weeks beforehand and

passed.

good luck to you:balloons:

Did you guys take a review course in addition to using the review book????

Definitely Mosby's NCLEX PN is a great book. I have been using it for my classes. I will graduating this june.

All the BEST,

A.J.B.

Specializes in Community Health, Med-Surg, Home Health.

I would probably use a book that prepared for NCLEX-PN. It is a funny thing, because I did study Saunders Comprehensive for PN and one day I looked at the Saunders Comprehensive for RN and the book was almost identical in information, but the book for RN was in color and their questions were a bit different, somehow. At times, a person would believe that studying harder questions would make preparation for the lesser license easier, but it doesn't always pan out that way. I had a friend that was an RN in her country, passed NCLEX-RN in the US and also took NCLEX-PN at a later date (can't figure out that one), but, she actually failed the exam, because she stated that the focus was different. Since I am not an RN nor have I studied for it, so, I can't really get what she is saying, but I can summize it by saying that it just may be better to study from the book and questions that is geared towards the license you are currently trying to obtain. I have no experience in this subject, actually, but, somehow, that makes sense to me. Best of luck to you for your exam and your nursing career!

Specializes in Registry, all over the place.

I used the NCSBN learningext and Kaplan. Kaplan really helps with answer strategies. I haven't gotten my results yet, but i feel super confident. NCLEX questions were very similar to NCSBN.

+ Add a Comment