Hi everyone, Im New

Specialties MICU

Published

Specializes in ER/SICU/Med-Surg/Ortho/Trauma/Flight.

Hi everyone, my name is Rodney, I went to LPN school three long years ago. I have since got my BSN. The problem is all Ive had to do with the LPN was work in the longterm care facility(another fancey name for nursing home) and the physicians clinic and Know that I have my RN I would like to work in the Hospital in ICU or ER, but Im afraid that I forgot some of the acute care nursing tasks and Im gittery and scared to do them. Please Helpppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me

Sincerely Rodney. :crying2:

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.

Hello and welcome to the wonderful family of allnurses.com. Enjoy your stay, and best of luck to you. :)

BTW, can you consider a refresher course?

Specializes in Neuro Critical Care.

Rodney, welcome to the group. You will get a lengthy orientation to whichever unit you decide to join. You went to school for a reason, use your degree, trust yourself. You will be amazed at what comes back to you once you get started, good luck!

Hey Rodney

I'm an old timer in the ICU/CCU business. You have a background I'd LOVE to see in Preceptorship with me!!! You know so much more than you might think you know! You've seem people 'sick but stable' and people 'sick and getting sicker'. This is so important.

Trust your instincts, learn what there is to learn. You'll do great.

Papaw John

Specializes in Telemetry, OR, ICU.
Rodney, welcome to the group. You will get a lengthy orientation to whichever unit you decide to join. You went to school for a reason, use your degree, trust yourself. You will be amazed at what comes back to you once you get started, good luck!

:yeahthat:

Find a position in an acute hospital setting that interest you... and apply for it! If your hired, then make sure you have a good preceptor & a good orientation.

Good luck

+ Add a Comment