did you graduate awhile ago? Heres TRUE hope.....

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Just got off the phone from my nursing progrm office and as we chatted....the secretary told me of a women that graduated 20 years ago called the office about some questions (mainly if in ohio you had to do anything if you were out a long time and needed to take a class or something to take nclex-------which you dont THANK GOD) and she just called in not too long ago to follow up to tell them she had passed the nclex..............that is right she passed!!!!!! there is hope!!!! ( to all the nay sayers I have come acrossed!!!! woooohoooo!)

AmyD

(once again excited and motivated)

I guess I needed that pick me up and God knew it!

What hope that gives ME!!!! I graduated over three years ago and still have no taken my NCLEX, but am preparing now. I have been extremely nervous and worried that I will not pass, remember procedures, etc. I am so glad to hear this and hopefully, I have retained enough to make it through! Thanks so much for the confidence!

Specializes in MED/SURG, ONCOLOGY, PEDIATRICS, ER.

Well, that encourage me too, I graduated 14 years ago in PR haven't practicing about 9 years. Now I am studying to take the NCLEX hoping to pass it :uhoh21: God help us. Thanks AmyD because now i feel that i can do it am not alone, there's a hope!!

Bori :kiss

yeah I am 10years out....................but I have gotten so much encoragement from not only family but the local hospital and my nursing instructors. They are all confident I can do this which is a huge help. I have ran accross some very depressing post about students like me and I would suggest not doing a search for them....LOL

AmyD

Well, that encourage me too, I graduated 14 years ago in PR haven't practicing about 9 years. Now I am studying to take the NCLEX hoping to pass it :uhoh21: God help us. Thanks AmyD because now i feel that i can do it am not alone, there's a hope!!

Bori :kiss

I see your name says "bsnrn" what happened just letting your liscense expire???

AmyD

I have just my PR lic. actived, but to practice in USA I need to take the Nclex, so I'm looking forward for it. It's curious i'm and i am not an RN :lol2:

There's hope. I trained in the UK, qualified in 1988, worked in peds and midwifery, then was out 9 yrs before I took the NCLEX out here. I passed in 75. I think kaplan helped, my non nurse husband could do fairly well on their practice tests just following their question answering advice.

Hi, Kelky Congratulations to pass the NCLEX! What kind of Kaplan did you used? I'm not alone..can do it, can do it! Thanks for posting :)

I used the kaplan online review, expensive but worth it in terms of my sanity :)

There's hope. I trained in the UK, qualified in 1988, worked in peds and midwifery, then was out 9 yrs before I took the NCLEX out here. I passed in 75. I think kaplan helped, my non nurse husband could do fairly well on their practice tests just following their question answering advice.

so you didn't do anything at all for 9 years then took the nclex and just studied the Kaplan? How long did you study before you took the nclex???

I know what you mean about hubbys answering the questions right. Hubby has answered some too and it has taught me not to read into the questions like I did the first couple rounds...LOL

AmyD

Well if you call moving to the US, looking after one child, having another, and being the friendly on call nurse/midwife for friends/family, doing nothing, then yes!! lol!!

Seriously, no I didn't work as a nurse as I chose to wait for the green card to come and be at stay at home mum for a while, took much longer than I anticipated. As for how long I studied, in terms of time it went into months, but that wasn't constant studying, it was more a case of putting it off as I was petrified (we don't have boards in the UK and everyone I talked to said how hard they are). I even bought preparation stuff that went unopened. Finally I decided to do kaplan and because that had a time limit I was forced to do it or waste a lot of money, I forget how long the course was, a few weeks' total. I of course then still procrastinated and took the NCLEX about 5 months later, but I did go over the book to review.

Well if you call moving to the US, looking after one child, having another, and being the friendly on call nurse/midwife for friends/family, doing nothing, then yes!! lol!!

Seriously, no I didn't work as a nurse as I chose to wait for the green card to come and be at stay at home mum for a while, took much longer than I anticipated. As for how long I studied, in terms of time it went into months, but that wasn't constant studying, it was more a case of putting it off as I was petrified (we don't have boards in the UK and everyone I talked to said how hard they are). I even bought preparation stuff that went unopened. Finally I decided to do kaplan and because that had a time limit I was forced to do it or waste a lot of money, I forget how long the course was, a few weeks' total. I of course then still procrastinated and took the NCLEX about 5 months later, but I did go over the book to review.

Yeah I didn't mean "nothing" nothing....LOL I understand completely! I had our son the day after graduation......less than 12 hours after (planned c section) was young tried to study and work and take care of a newborn. was overwelmed to say the least then the years went by and God had other plans for us at the time.....I dont regret any of it! But now I feel it is time.

So what I meant by nothing is that you didnt work as a nurse or school as a student nurse, that gives me great hope and faith that it can be done. I am so glad I started this thread!!!!!!

AmyD

+ Add a Comment