Lack of loan forgiveness hinders nursing profession

U.S.A. Pennsylvania

Published

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

due to pheaa buget cuts, funding for nursing loan forgivenss programs stopped.

need to let legislators know impact had on you & profession. karen

lack of loan forgiveness hinders nursing profession

wilkes barre times-leader - wilkes barre,pa,usa

wilkes-barre - when samantha crablo started looking into a career in nursing, she was given literature about a loan forgiveness program offered by a state ...

see all stories on this topic

I was so geared up about this possibility and now it's gone. THIS SUCKS.

I was a bit upset about it too, especially since the pheaa execs are so corrupt. There never seems to be enough money to help people succeed but there's always enough for greedy old men to take a lavish vacation several times a year and give themselves bonuses. When did things get so backwards in PA? I think I'm going into the wrong profession. I should go for crook pheaa employee instead. Who do we talk to about this problem anyway?

The Gov. We all need to send him some letters because this is absolutely disguisting.

Is there a link that talks about what happened with the PHEAA issue? I'm still not sure why the program was discontinued.

Specializes in NICU.

This is ridiculous! I just received the letter telling me 'so sorry' a few days ago. I, too was counting on taking some money off the top of my loans-I hope they remember this when they are crying about a lack of RN's in Pa.

+ Add a Comment