Shands chain of hospitals/Gainesville

U.S.A. Florida

Published

Anyone know about Shands chain of hospitals? Not-for-profit, located in Gainesville.

THEY ARE RECRUITING AND HAVE CALLED ME

LET ME KNOW ASAP

Anyone know about Shands chain of hospitals? Not-for-profit, located in Gainesville.

LET ME KNOW ASAP

Nevermind, I just read the thread about FL and the wage situation...etc...and the licensure thing...didn't know about that.....forget it.

LET ME KNOW ASAP

Hi, Shezami -

I just got back from Gainesville area last week (hubby and I are trying to buy some property near there, and hope to relocate there in 2 yrs) - what area of nursing would you be in?

I am very interested in working in their NICU,at that time, so I would be interested in anything you learn! Good luck, and thanks!

PS - That part of Florida is GORGEOUS!

Hi, Shezami -

I just got back from Gainesville area last week (hubby and I are trying to buy some property near there, and hope to relocate there in 2 yrs) - what area of nursing would you be in?

I am very interested in working in their NICU,at that time, so I would be interested in anything you learn! Good luck, and thanks!

NICU RN - any suggestions for good realtors to work with, or any property (that you don't want, of course) that we might check out? Hubby and I will be down there first two weeks of May - we are looking west of Gainesville - Levy/Gilchrist county, or maybe in between Ocala and Gainesville. Would like to find 10 to 20 acres (us and a zillion horse lovers!) to build a home on. Did you find property? We hope to relocate within 2 years also (I hate the thought of another winter up here).

Gail

Hi, Shezami -

NICU RN - any suggestions for good realtors to work with, or any property (that you don't want, of course) that we might check out? Hubby and I will be down there first two weeks of May - we are looking west of Gainesville - Levy/Gilchrist county, or maybe in between Ocala and Gainesville. Would like to find 10 to 20 acres (us and a zillion horse lovers!) to build a home on. Did you find property? We hope to relocate within 2 years also (I hate the thought of another winter up here).

Gail

Gail[/QUOTE]

Hi there!

I have lived in Gainesville for 4 years now-I started my career at Shands @ UF

I can help if you are still looking for assistance

Tami

Gail[/QUOTE]

Hi there!

Tami

Hi Tami! Are you still working at Shands @UF?

Thanks!

Hi Tami! Are you still working at Shands @UF?

Thanks!

Hey

I still work with all the same doctors and do the same work (CTICU) but I work at the VA instead. I am only PRN now at Shands.

I know some of the NICU nurses. We go out and I know many of the peds docs and residents. I play on the Shands co-ed softball team and teach ACLS for Shands.

This is a great community and I love the VA and Shands along with AGH and North Florida Regional Medical Center. There is such a variety of places to work.

You can't go wrong. If one place doesn't fit your needs, another is sure to take you in

When's the next class?

LET ME KNOW ASAP

i tried it, listened to their lies, they are a very dirty hospital, and their pt's get very poor care, i was shocked at how little septic technique they use, if you want to go to gainsville, try north florida regional, the pay is a little less, but it is very clean and nice.

Gail[/QUOTE]

Hi there!

Tami

I just had an unofficial interview at N. Florida Regional in Gainesville a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it. I love the area. Anyone have any good infor about the other three hospitals in Gainesville as far as are they good to work for, etc.? Thanks.

Hey

I still work with all the same doctors and do the same work (CTICU) but I work at the VA instead. I am only PRN now at Shands.

I know some of the NICU nurses. We go out and I know many of the peds docs and residents. I play on the Shands co-ed softball team and teach ACLS for Shands.

This is a great community and I love the VA and Shands along with AGH and North Florida Regional Medical Center. There is such a variety of places to work.

You can't go wrong. If one place doesn't fit your needs, another is sure to take you in

Can one of you guys in Gainesville give me an idea if what areas of Gainesville are safe (as far as neighborhoods, areas, etc. A couple of people I interviewed with at N. Fla Regional said to stick in the Northwest and southwest portions of the city (as opposed to the east quadrants).

Anyone know or know of a good, competent realtor who really knows the area??

I would like to move within the year.

+ Add a Comment