New New Requirements for the MCCD Nursing Program

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

Hey...they published the new newsletter which outlines the pre and co-reqs for

the community college nursing programs.....

here's the link:

http://healthcare.maricopa.edu/pdfDocs/NursingNewsLetter.pdf

It looks like the CNA requirement went away and psy 101 is now a co-req....also patho is no longer a co-req and nutrition was deleted as a co-req as well.....

I hope everyone had a great Xmas!

Mary

Good thing I dropped HCC 130 because I don't even see that listed anymore. I am also taking PSY 101 this semester because I thought it was still a pre-req. UGH!!! If I had know it was going to be a co-req I would bave taken ENG 101 this semester. Thanks for posting the link Mattsmom!

Must be nice to not have to take all those extra classes anymore. Oh well, at least we are in now. But if this was the case I would have been done by now!

I almost wish I had not seen this posting. I am 3 weeks into a 6 week CNA program. If it weren't for the fact that I am loving this class, I would be very unhappy.

I also start HCC130 on Monday.

Oh well, education for the sake of education is good.

Thanks for the update

I think the CNA program won't be a total wash. At least you will be that more prepared once you enter the nursing program. It isn't too late though to drop HCC130. Why don't you try to drop that and take another prereq instead?

Yep, that sounds good. I am going to see my adviser today to switch my class to a different pre-req.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Specializes in Pediatric ICU.

Hi Mary,

Do you think that we'll still need to get the patho requirement satisfied if we're starting the program this semester. As you know, I've got AA done but not AB. I also realize that I'm gonna need it for ASU's requirements. I guess what I'm asking is do you think that I'll have to do AB before finishing the ADN program because we might be "grandfathered" into the old program....

Deanna

Hi Deanna,

I was talking to my AB instructor today and what she said leads me to believe that you will still have to take AB. Patho will be incorporated into the NP starting this fall. She said they will most likely still offer AA and AB because people will need it to transfer to ASU.....

ttyl,

Mary

+ Add a Comment