RN Students that failed & went to Excelsior

Nursing Students Online Learning

Published

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any RN students out there that failed and switched to excelsior. I am interested in your thoughts. I recently failed my last semester by .75 and need to restart everything. It really sticks, but I'm past it and ready to move on. I am ready to start school again - just waiting for acceptance into excelsior.

Failed RN students how are you finding excelsior compared to your other nursing program. Have you taken any exams and what did you think. How did you study. Any other info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

RNWannabe12

:nurse:

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any RN students out there that failed and switched to excelsior. I am interested in your thoughts. I recently failed my last semester by .75 and need to restart everything. It really sticks, but I'm past it and ready to move on. I am ready to start school again - just waiting for acceptance into excelsior.

Failed RN students how are you finding excelsior compared to your other nursing program. Have you taken any exams and what did you think. How did you study. Any other info is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

RNWannabe12

:nurse:

Yes, I did failed and with my life being totally CRAZY and Hurricane Katrina I decided NOT to go back.....I know I'm NUTS!

But, once I got pass the fact that I failed and moved on with it, I know I am going to be a better nurse for it. I have been flying through these exams, since June I have taken and passed with 2 A's and a C exams 3, 4 & 6. I take 7 on Aug.7 and 5 on Aug.13 and I'm on to the CPNE. And I feel like I am learning so much better, than the first time. I know it sounds crazy, but practice makes perfect, and to do it again is only going to benefit me and my patients in the long run. You know they say "everything happens for a reason" and I am living proof. After everything I went through with the Hurricane, and came out standing stronger than ever, I knew then no hurdle could be to high.

Don't ever give up, I know I considered it so many times, but this is my dream and I can't imagine doing anything else. Stay strong, check with you state board and be sure you can sit for boards as an Excelsior graduate, and do what you what needs to be done. BECOME A RN!:nurse:

Keep in touch with me, I will help you in anyway I can! Best of luck.

Specializes in Surgical Telemetry.

I did not fail a traditional program but I left a traditional program for medical reasons and decided not to go back to that school and instead enrolled in Excelsior since I was almost done. I had everything done except for the nursing courses and most of it was review because I had already completed in a brick and mortar but I was okay with that. I passed all my courses with A's or B's and 1 C. I passed the CPNE the first time passing all labs without repeats and repeating one PCS. It's definitely doable this way as well and sometimes there's less pressure in regards to the book learning because you can do it at your own pace. GOOD LUCK!!!

I also failed a traditional nursing program by 1 point and had to start everything all over.

I really am thankful that excelsior gives students like us another chance to get our RN.

Right now I am waiting to take my CPNE in September. This route really worked out well for me. Praying that I pass the CPNE

Hi I also failed traditional school my life was very much like hell at the time and was way too much for me to handle. Excelsior was a god send just rember learn and think the way Excelsior want you to. I thought that I did not have to study and that I know this stuff. NC1 I got a C, then I failed NC2 twice and then I took NC3 just to fail this also. Then I had a pitty party and was about to give up I thought that I was not smart enough for this. Then I got a mentor a older nurse who use to teach at the college I went to also works with me and she told and showed me how to study for these exams. Then I passed all my exams now I am waiting for a date for my CPNE.

Thank you to everyone who has responded to me. I am very excited and hope that I get an acceptance notice in the next couple of weeks.

How long did it take every to get there acceptance?

How many exams do we need to take?

What materials is everyone using?

Sorry for the questions. I just failed 2 months ago and I am more than ready to get back into it. I am glad that I will not have to deal with the BS that my school put me through. I had the right info, but they changed the rules every step of the way. I am ready to get going.

Thankx for all your help.

In my revenge fantasies of traditional RN program instructors, the nastiest, most vengeful women that I have ever had the misfortune to meet, all nursing students will bail out and go to EC. I am almost done with exams, going to a workshop for CPNE in August and truly looking forward to advancing my career. EC has been a great experience and this site will help you so much as you proceed thru the program. CHeck in often.

+ Add a Comment