Public Club

FBI Raid of the Traitor's Country Club!

Posted

Specializes in ED, ICU, MS/MT, PCU, CM, House Sup, Frontline mgr. Has 14 years experience.

You are reading page 2 of FBI Raid of the Traitor's Country Club!. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

toomuchbaloney

toomuchbaloney

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 43 years experience. 8,940 Posts

10 hours ago, Beerman said:

Technically, most raids are warrants being served.  It's described as a raid in the media.  Why do you care if I call it a raid?

Yes, the warrant.  The judge only goes by what a agent includes on the request for a warrant.  We know when it comes to Trump the hatred is so great for him that people have lied before to get  a warrant.  And warrants have been granted based on false info.

Funny how liberals' respect for federal judicial officers seems to vary depending on the situation.  LOL  

Do you think that the fellow who raised over $200 million from his fanclub with a lie would sell national security secrets to our enemies?

toomuchbaloney

toomuchbaloney

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 43 years experience. 8,940 Posts

The Poisoned Relationship Between Trump and the Keepers of U.S. Secrets https://nyti.ms/3SIJnbG

Quote

The exact nature of the documents that Mr. Trump left the White House with remains a mystery, and some former officials said that Mr. Trump generally was not given paper copies of classified reports. This had less to do with security concerns than with the way Mr. Trump preferred to get his security briefings. Unlike some of his predecessors, who would read and digest voluminous intelligence reports each day, Mr. Trump generally received oral briefings.

But for those charged with protecting secrets, there may have been no bigger challenge than the seaside resort where Mr. Trump spent so much of his time as president — and where so many boxes of classified material were stored after he left office. Besides its members, Mar-a-Lago is also open to members’ guests, who would often interact with Mr. Trump during his frequent trips to the club. Security professionals saw this arrangement as ripe to be exploited by a foreign spy service eager for access to the epicenter of American power.

Speaking of security concerns, do you remember when that Chinese woman was found in Mara Lago with all of those digital devices in her purse? We all remember Helsinki where Trump told the world that he believed Putin and not American Intelligence experts... or when Trump revealed Israeli military secrets.  

Do you think that Trump would sell national security secrets for his own enrichment? Who in his inner circle did the right thing I wonder.  

toomuchbaloney

toomuchbaloney

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 43 years experience. 8,940 Posts

After listening to Trump fans chant "lock her up" about Trump's political opponents is nice that the GOP is thinking about the dangers of attempting to politicize the DOJ. I guess they were napping while Barr was AG.

It's interesting that the Ohio rep said they want the people to trust the American institutions but that was/ is not the message of Trump.

chare

3,567 Posts

2 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Which democrats specifically? 

What are you hearing democrats say or tweet about this serious matter? 

[...]

I suppose we could start with the author of this thread, as well as your post here:

As for what other Democrats are saying, you might try some of the "right wing" sites.

2 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

[...]

Most of the reporting that I've read has been on the reckless words of Republicans coming to Trump's defense and criticizing the DOJ so I'm curious.  Maybe you've read or listened to other media content that includes some democrats speaking out of turn. 

[...]

Saying anything other than a search warrant was served, at this point, is just speculation.  And if Mr. Garland actually stated the thee FBI "went to look for nuclear documents" as WaPo apparently indicated, without releasing the search warrant and supporting documentation, that was inappropriate.  I would have hoped that the US Attorney General would be aware of this.

2 hours ago, toomuchbaloney said:

[...]

Because simply associating Trump with corruption and an attempted coup isn't a rush to condemn, it's observation. 

 Neither of which have any bearing whatsoever in the search for these missing documents, if that is in fact what they were searching for.

toomuchbaloney

toomuchbaloney

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 43 years experience. 8,940 Posts

15 minutes ago, chare said:

I suppose we could start with the author of this thread, as well as your post here:

As for what other Democrats are saying, you might try some of the "right wing" sites.

Saying anything other than a search warrant was served, at this point, is just speculation.  And if Mr. Garland actually stated the thee FBI "went to look for nuclear documents" as WaPo apparently indicated, without releasing the search warrant and supporting documentation, that was inappropriate.  I would have hoped that the US Attorney General would be aware of this.

 Neither of which have any bearing whatsoever in the search for these missing documents, if that is in fact what they were searching for.

Since I'm not and never have been a registered Democrat, and I don't hold any leadership or elected position, I don't actually qualify. We can, however, point to actual republican legislators and leaders making irresponsible claims as related to Trump and/or this warrant and seizure of documents from Trump's resort home.  

Maybe you didn't understand that we were looking for the names of the democrats in the public eye who have engaged as suggested. 

How long do you think the federal government should coddle an ex official with boxes of sensitive documents in his home that is regularly visited by people from all over the world? How about when that ex official has a history of blurting out secrets or engaging in quid pro quo?

heron, ASN, RN

Specializes in Hospice. Has 50 years experience. 3,347 Posts

12 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Since I'm not and never have been a registered Democrat, and I don't hold any leadership or elected position, I don't actually qualify. We can, however, point to actual republican legislators and leaders making irresponsible claims as related to Trump and/or this warrant and seizure of documents from Trump's resort home.  

Maybe you didn't understand that we were looking for the names of the democrats in the public eye who have engaged as suggested. 

How long do you think the federal government should coddle an ex official with boxes of sensitive documents in his home that is regularly visited by people from all over the world? How about when that ex official has a history of blurting out secrets or engaging in quid pro quo?

To be fair, let’s include a major national news organization starting what I believe is a pretty irresponsible rumor about nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, from where I sit, the contrast in remarks about this event between the two parties is pretty remarkable.

A question: why haven’t all those right-wing commentators asked trump to release the documents? He’s had them all along, since the day of the search and his own announcement of it.

toomuchbaloney

toomuchbaloney

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 43 years experience. 8,940 Posts

3 hours ago, heron said:

To be fair, let’s include a major national news organization starting what I believe is a pretty irresponsible rumor about nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, from where I sit, the contrast in remarks about this event between the two parties is pretty remarkable.

A question: why haven’t all those right-wing commentators asked trump to release the documents? He’s had them all along, since the day of the search and his own announcement of it.

I'm game.  If cable personalities or programming is irresponsible let's be specific and talk about it.  That's the way we shine light on what's going on in this country with misinformation and opinion masquerading as reporting facts and evidence. I think much of it is speculative and irresponsible. Every angry American has a Youtube channel.  

The contrast has been increasing for a few years.  It's nearly full black and white at this moment in time.  There is little room for gray in the politically conservative world today.  Ask Liz Cheney. She's about as politically conservative as you can get in 21st century governance, but she won't give Trump a pass on his malfeasance and corrupt intentions so she cannot be included. That's a narrow black or white pov that makes support of Trump the deciding factor.  

The GOP and conservatives won't ask that question publicly. Trump's bluff was called. 

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/fbi-seized-top-secret-documents-from-trumps-home-reports-say

Quote

The list of information seized includes documents labeled with “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” which refers to top-secret and sensitive compartmented information, they reported. That’s a government labeling for material gathered through sensitive intelligence sources, methods, or analytical processes.

Included in the materials removed from Trump’s home Monday were 11 sets of classified documents included in about 20 boxes, the Journal reported. Other items listed, according to the outlets, included a handwritten note, the executive clemency grant for Roger Stone, photos, and information about the “President of France.” The items were seized during the execution of a search warrant signed by a Florida judge.

Breitbart News reported that prosecutors identified three federal criminal laws under investigation: 18 USC 793, which is part of Espionage Act and makes it a crime to remove or misuse information related to national defense; 18 USC 2071, which makes it a crime to hide, damage, or destroy government records; and 18 USC 1519, which makes it a crime to falsify, destroy, or cover up records to obstruct or interfere with a federal investigation or “proper administration of any matter” under the jurisdiction of an agency.

The espionage act.

Maybe Trump didn't make the warrant public because he thought that sounded bad. 

chare

3,567 Posts

53 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

I'm game.  If cable personalities or programming is irresponsible let's be specific and talk about it.  That's the way we shine light on what's going on in this country with misinformation and opinion masquerading as reporting facts and evidence. I think much of it is speculative and irresponsible. Every angry American has a Youtube channel.  

[...]

I'm not talking about an "angry American with a Youtube channel."  I'm talking about the Washington Post:

Quote

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.

[...]

 

heron, ASN, RN

Specializes in Hospice. Has 50 years experience. 3,347 Posts

OK, so now we know at least the outlines of the seized materials and some of the probable cause for the warrant.

Well, looks like WaPo reporting was at least somewhat accurate.

So, did the Donald know the documents were there? Were the allegedly super dangerous documents found in the safe or out in the poorly secured basement?

Is there any place where we can see the actual text of the released documents?

ETA: if the Donald actually did take the documents deliberately, what was he planning to do with them? Has he already done it?

toomuchbaloney

toomuchbaloney

Specializes in NICU, PICU, Transport, L&D, Hospice. Has 43 years experience. 8,940 Posts

1 hour ago, chare said:

I'm not talking about an "angry American with a Youtube channel."  I'm talking about the Washington Post:

 

Can you point me to the hyperbolic or incorrect detail? 

From the warrant:

"Information, including communications in any form, regarding the retrieval, storage, or transmission ofnational defense information or classified material;"

 

chare

3,567 Posts

39 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

Can you point me to the hyperbolic or incorrect detail? 

From the warrant:

"Information, including communications in any form, regarding the retrieval, storage, or transmission ofnational defense information or classified material;"

When they apply for the warrant they have to describe what they expect to find.  Until the warrant is executed the seized documents inventoried, any statement of what they hope to find is speculation.  And stating that these documents included "nuclear documents" had no value, other than fanning the flames.

37 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

[...]

Lots of classified, confidential and top secret documents it appears. ...

Where exactly do the mention the "nuclear documents?"

38 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

[...]

... Were they planted? ...

Not likely, considering it is common knowledge that documents have previously recovered.

40 minutes ago, toomuchbaloney said:

[...]

... Was it wrong for the national archives and the FBI to take them back using the laws?

Of course not?  Have I posted anything to suggest this?