Jump to content

COS Visalia Fall 2021 applicants

Posted

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

Hello, I didn’t see a forum for College of the sequoias applicant Pool for fall 2021. I wanted to start this one and see if we can keep each other sane during the waiting period. Good luck to everybody applying! 

Brendaam21

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

14 minutes ago, Panuclue Kristy Vang said:

Hi! How many pts are you applying with?

Hi! I’m not 100% sure but I think I only had like 72 points so my hopes are definitely not high! What about you? 

Hello! 

I received a 75.3% on my TEAS on my second attempt.

I also have a 3.77 for my science prerequisite GPA which gives me 37.7 points. I'm racking up about 51 points on my application right now. I have seen other threads on here from previous applicants and they have said that having 70-80 points is really good! 

This is my first time applying to COS. My criteria points aren't where I'd want them to be, but I'm staying hopeful! Good luck to all the applicants! :)

Brendaam21

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

3 minutes ago, nursebaecel said:

Hello! 

I received a 75.3% on my TEAS on my second attempt.

I also have a 3.77 for my science prerequisite GPA which gives me 37.7 points. I'm racking up about 51 points on my application right now. I have seen other threads on here from previous applicants and they have said that having 70-80 points is really good! 

This is my first time applying to COS. My criteria points aren't where I'd want them to be, but I'm staying hopeful! Good luck to all the applicants! 🙂

Hi, that’s a really good science GPA. Good luck to you as well! Hopefully the stats for this year aren’t as competitive! 

Julian Lopez, CNA

Specializes in CNA. Has 4 years experience.

Hi everyone I too will be applying to COS, do you know if campus is open to turn them in, or have you guys just mailed them off?

Brendaam21

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

11 minutes ago, Julian Lopez said:

Hi everyone I too will be applying to COS, do you know if campus is open to turn them in, or have you guys just mailed them off?

Hi, I mailed mine in and then received an email when they received it. But I think they are open to turn them in in person as well. I think I read it on their website on the instructions. 

14 hours ago, Brendaam21 said:

Hi, I mailed mine in and then received an email when they received it. But I think they are open to turn them in in person as well. I think I read it on their website on the instructions. 

I sent mine by mail last Friday and have not yet received an email. You should contact the nursing department to see if you can do it in person! But do it soon because the deadline is February 1st! Best of luck!

Brendaam21

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

4 hours ago, baecel said:

I sent mine by mail last Friday and have not yet received an email. You should contact the nursing department to see if you can do it in person! But do it soon because the deadline is February 1st! Best of luck!

Did you get tracking for your package? 
do you mind sharing how many points you applied with? 

Julian Lopez, CNA

Specializes in CNA. Has 4 years experience.

3 hours ago, Brendaam21 said:

Did you get tracking for your package? 
do you mind sharing how many points you applied with? 

Hey Brenda, I only applied with 66.13 points. I’m praying on a miracle. I will be getting my associates this semester, so if things don’t go my way, I’m hoping the next cohort will be my time to shine. How many did you end up having?

Brendaam21

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

20 minutes ago, Julian Lopez said:

Hey Brenda, I only applied with 66.13 points. I’m praying on a miracle. I will be getting my associates this semester, so if things don’t go my way, I’m hoping the next cohort will be my time to shine. How many did you end up having?

I’m also praying on a miracle. I calculated 72 points but then I realized that in the category where it says life circumstances and such, they only count 1, so that’s minus 2.5 points so maybe only 69.5 after all? I truly hope this years cohort is slightly lower but my hopes aren’t too high. I’m hoping for a miracle in Fresno city’s lottery. Good luck! 

Julian Lopez, CNA

Specializes in CNA. Has 4 years experience.

1 minute ago, Brendaam21 said:

I’m also praying on a miracle. I calculated 72 points but then I realized that in the category where it says life circumstances and such, they only count 1, so that’s minus 2.5 points so maybe only 69.5 after all? I truly hope this years cohort is slightly lower but my hopes aren’t too high. I’m hoping for a miracle in Fresno city’s lottery. Good luck! 

69.5 is good! I've been reading through the past COS posts and I believe most people who are close to 70 or above typically get in, so hopefully you can make the cut off! I live in Fresno, so I’m really hoping I can get in there, but I’ll be grateful any opportunity I get! Good luck to you as well, stay positive!

Brendaam21

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

30 minutes ago, Julian Lopez said:

69.5 is good! I've been reading through the past COS posts and I believe most people who are close to 70 or above typically get in, so hopefully you can make the cut off! I live in Fresno, so I’m really hoping I can get in there, but I’ll be grateful any opportunity I get! Good luck to you as well, stay positive!

Did you apply to Fresno city as well? 

Yay! glad someone opened a forum for this application period. I will be mailing in my application tomorrow. It seems like I may be cutting it close so I might try and drop it off at the post office. My total points this round is 69.2. 

Julian Lopez, CNA

Specializes in CNA. Has 4 years experience.

On 1/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, Brendaam21 said:

Did you apply to Fresno city as well? 

Yes I believe I applied to West Hills, FCC and COS. I am going to drive down to COS and turn it in directly. I’m going to try to ask some questions about status and point ranges while I’m there, I will keep you guys posted

35 minutes ago, Sabby said:

Yay! glad someone opened a forum for this application period. I will be mailing in my application tomorrow. It seems like I may be cutting it close so I might try and drop it off at the post office. My total points this round is 69.2. 

Hi Sabby, welcome to the COS hopefuls! Is this your first time applying to COS?

Brendaam21

Specializes in Prenursing. Has 2 years experience.

1 hour ago, Sabby said:

Yay! glad someone opened a forum for this application period. I will be mailing in my application tomorrow. It seems like I may be cutting it close so I might try and drop it off at the post office. My total points this round is 69.2. 

Awesome! Good luck! We’re pretty close. There’s not very many people who have commented on here so I wonder if there’s many applicants this time around? 

Just now, Brendaam21 said:

Awesome! Good luck! We’re pretty close. There’s not very many people who have commented on here so I wonder if there’s many applicants this time around? 

 

56 minutes ago, Julian Lopez said:

Yes I believe I applied to West Hills, FCC and COS. I am going to drive down to COS and turn it in directly. I’m going to try to ask some questions about status and point ranges while I’m there, I will keep you guys posted

Hi Sabby, welcome to the COS hopefuls! Is this your first time applying to COS?

Thank you Julian! Please keep up posted! Try asking how many applicants they have so far! Good luck to you guys! I also applied to FCC, COS, and WestHills. 🙏🏼

Hi everyone! I am applying with 74.8 points. If I get in, I’ll have to relocate, which I am not thrilled about. 

I just submitted my application today and already so anxious!