Does the California Board of Nursing Accept BSN from Chamberlain outside California?

  1. Hello,

    I am wondering if anyone would know if the California Board of Nursing will accept a BSN degree from a Chamberlain outside of California. I called the Board today and they said they do accept Chamberlain degrees from California for sure but she could not give me a 100% answer for another Chamberlain. She told me if the curriculum is the same it should be fine. The classes are all the same, however 3 classes are worth more credits in California so Chamberlain's BSN degree in California is 126 credits while all other Chamberlains are 122 credits. The reason I need to know is because one day I plan on moving back to California as that is where I am from.

    Thank You for any help you can give me!
  2. Visit Californiagirl091188 profile page

    About Californiagirl091188

    Joined: Mar '18; Posts: 6
    Specialty: 1 year(s) of experience


  3. by   sallyrnrrt
    Have you passed your NCLEX?
    After that should not be a problem, except time...

    California is a saturated market in most places
  4. by   Regina_Phalange
    What do you mean they do not accept Chamberlain degrees from California? I am at the Sac campus and I can say with certainty that they do accept our degrees...
  5. by   Californiagirl091188
    Hi Regina_phalange let me correct my post they do 100 % accept Chamberlain degrees from the Sacramento location however I will be attending the Troy, Michigan location and when I called the CA board they could only give me a for sure answer on the Sacramento but not Troy. The board said sometimes out of state nursing schools leave out 1-2 classes that California schools require. The rep from the CA board told me if the Troy Chamberlain's location matches the cirriculum of Sacramento's then I should be fine. After comparing the two curriculums it turns out Sacramento's is 126 units while Troy's is 122. The classes are all the same but 3 of the classes at Sacramento are worth more units. I'm just worried that if I move they will not accept my degree. Do you know any more info on this ?
  6. by   Californiagirl091188
    No I have not even graduated yet. I'm just worried California board will give me a hard time getting a license there if I am bringing a degree from an out of state school.
  7. by   CrunchyEvenInMilk
    Why not take your NCLEX in Michigan then get your license endorsed in California? Or are you planning to take it in California?