bladder retraining

Nurses General Nursing


Hi, My husband is a parapalegic. He had an indwelling cath. in for about 1 month. He removed it now he is incont and wants to retrain his bladder. He had a bad UTI. He wants to straight cath again. How does he begin to do this.

Silverdragon102, BSN

1 Article; 39,477 Posts

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

As per terms of service we can not really advise you on medical advice, your husband really need to contact his doctor and discuss with them the options available

This is not a medical advice bulletin board

This is a board for nurses and nurses-to-be to discuss nursing issues. Please do not ask for any medical or nursing feedback related to a health situation that affects you, a family member, or someone that is not a patient under your care. This is not a free medical advice board. Please be aware that cannot be responsible for problems resulting from reliance on medical or nursing advice received here. If you have a medical problem, please seek attention from your health care provider.

Home Health Columnist / Guide


10 Articles; 18,227 Posts

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

please have your husband discuss these concerns with his pcp and request a homecare nursing eval --we're experts in teaching bladder retraining and self cath care--- some agencies even have continence

nurse specialists. check our links in ostomy and continence resources. per our tos, can not offer individual advice.

best wishes in tackling this issue.

+ Add a Comment

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X