Black Eyed Pea anyone?

Nurses General Nursing


i know someone that is continuously getting black eyes :crying2: so much that her boyfriend is referring to her as his little "black eye pea", she's about 4' 8" lol. they seem to move from eye to eye or sometimes both at once and then go away, but now they are staying for a longer period of time. there seems to be no reason for this that we can figure out. i have begged her to go to the doctor to get it seen about (it's very obvious), but no doctor for her. does anyone have any ideas about this problem?

thanks for any input on this!


46 Posts

We can't give medical advice, but she should definitely go see a doctor.

ohmeowzer RN, RN

2,306 Posts

Specializes in ob/gyn med /surg.

go see a dr..


31 Posts

I know go see a doctor but has anyone ever seen this before?


365 Posts

maybe a social worker?

Specializes in IMCU.

This really begs the question...are you sure the boyfriend isn't the cause?

When you hear hoofbeats think horses not zebras.


31 Posts

Absolutely 100% positive. I'm not gonna lie...that was my first thought and even though I didn't believe it, I did question her about it. I think if he even remotely tried something like that he would get his butt kicked...she's a little spitfire LOL. Honestly, I truly don't believe that he is responsible.

rn/writer, RN

9 Articles; 4,168 Posts

As others have said, we can't give medical advice, and that is what your friend needs. Maybe you can help her find a free clinic in your area. And you can gently but firmly inquire if anyone is hurting her. Whatever is behind this condition, she really needs to have a health care person actually look at these black eyes and take it from there.

She is lucky to have such a concerned friend.

Thread is now closed.

+ Add a Comment

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X