Baylor residency Summer 2023

Published

You are reading page 13 of Baylor residency Summer 2023

RN Drip, RN

43 Posts

Specializes in STICU.
dj_gn said:

There were 5 people in mine. Everyone was very nice and personable. 

Oh wow! Okay. Good to know. Thank youūüė䬆

nurse2703

76 Posts

David8380 said:

They already hired every new grads they needed? Thats sucks. Which location?

plano 

nursewih

52 Posts

I accepted an offer for Irving L&D ūüėäI hope everyone was able to secure a job on the floor that they want!

Bela25

49 Posts

nursewih said:

I accepted an offer for Irving L&D ūüėäI hope everyone was able to secure a job on the floor that they want!

Yay¬†Congratulations frienddddd!ūüéČ

nursewih

52 Posts

Bela25 said:

Yay¬†Congratulations frienddddd!ūüéČ

Thank youuuuuu ūüíóūüíĖ

nurse2703

76 Posts

I ended up rescheduling my MICU interview with Plano. It's coming up soon! I'm nervous, I've heard they're pretty difficult, any advice or questions to prepare for? Thank you! 

Haileyy

36 Posts

@nurse2703 I had a MICU interview with Dallas and yes it was pretty tough. Their interview is based on behavioral questions. It can be hard to understand their questions because it is long and harder than other common behavioral questions. If you did not understand clarify what they asked. Please don't panic but be confident! Try to answer their questions even though it is hard to answer or ask them if you can come back to this question later. Prepare many stories. 
Questions I got was: 

what was the most complicated patient and what was the diagnosis? 
How did you handle unhappy patients? 
can't remember all bc it was just too hard for me... good luck! You will be okay ūüôā¬†¬†

nursewih

52 Posts

nurse2703 said:

I ended up rescheduling my MICU interview with Plano. It's coming up soon! I'm nervous, I've heard they're pretty difficult, any advice or questions to prepare for? Thank you! 

I had 3-4 questions but only remember 2. They were:

Tell me about a stressful time and how did you overcome it?

Tell me about a time when you stopped a possible complication by looking at a patient's labs. 

guacamoleee

24 Posts

Hi guys...

I received and accepted an offer at Baylor. I had my employee health appt and did my tasks online. However I haven't been able to reach the recruiter who sent me the offer and I have not heard from anyone since I accepted the offer/went to my employee health appt. It's making me a little nervous... is anyone else having this experience? 

dj_gn

75 Posts

guacamoleee said:

Hi guys...

I received and accepted an offer at Baylor. I had my employee health appt and did my tasks online. However I haven't been able to reach the recruiter who sent me the offer and I have not heard from anyone since I accepted the offer/went to my employee health appt. It's making me a little nervous... is anyone else having this experience? 

Yes same thing for me but I haven't tried to contact recruiter bc they said I will receive email with link for first day of orientation and more info as the start date gets closer. I don't think there are any other tasks until then.

dj_gn said:

Yes same thing for me but I haven't tried to contact recruiter bc they said I will receive email with link for first day of orientation and more info as the start date gets closer. I don't think there are any other tasks until then.

I have my employee health appointment tomorrow? How long did it take and what can I expect?

guacamoleee

24 Posts

NewNurseToMotherBaby said:

I have my employee health appointment tomorrow? How long did it take and what can I expect?

Mine was at Dallas. Everyone was so nice and it only took about an hour. Make sure you bring ALL your vaccine records if you can, including flu and covid. You also need to bring 2 forms of ID to verify your I-9. I took a drug test and they did a blood draw for a TB test. There's also a lot of paperwork to fill out. You'll also get your photo taken for your badge.

dj_gn said:

Yes same thing for me but I haven't tried to contact recruiter bc they said I will receive email with link for first day of orientation and more info as the start date gets closer. I don't think there are any other tasks until then.

Thank you, this makes me feel so much better!