Jump to content

Application approved by the BRN, but no ATT yet?

Posted

Has 1 years experience.

Hi everyone,

I'm based in California, not sure if that makes a difference. As of 6/10 my NCLEX-RN application was approved by the BRN on Breeze. However, when I log into Pearson VUE I am unable to schedule a test date yet because I have not received my ATT yet. I was under the impression that once your application is approved they would send you your ATT automatically. I am wondering typically how long the wait is from the time your application is approved to the time your ATT is emailed to you? Thanks for any input!

I'm not in CA, but it should have come for you by now. I would call the BON. It is possible you have an issue with your SSN# that's causing the delay.

soontobenewgrad2020

Has 1 years experience.

27 minutes ago, quarantinenewgrad said:

When did you submit your application to the BRN?

I submitted my app on 5/8. My school sent in my transcripts on 5/22.

WOW! I applied 5/2 and they still haven't gotten to me. I wonder how that works. Did you have your ADN already / did you have any other licenses within the DCA? (LVN, for example)

soontobenewgrad2020

Has 1 years experience.

@nursepaloma I would think that if there was a problem with my SS # they would not have approved my application in the first place? Our school very strictly instructed us not to call the BRN about our application because apparently that will only delay the process even further. So by the sound of it, typically your ATT should be sent right after your application gets approved?

soontobenewgrad2020

Has 1 years experience.

@quarantinenewgrad nope no other licenses. I have a classmate who submitted her app on 5/8 as well and was approved 6/9 and received her ATT 6/10. However, I believe we are the only ones in my cohort to have their application approved even though most of us sent it in on the same day. So random!

Hmmmm....did you submit your live scan to the "additional documents" section? Or was it sent electronically by the live scan place? Trying to figure out they why behind all of this haha

soontobenewgrad2020

Has 1 years experience.

@quarantinenewgrad I had the live scan place fax my fingerprints directly to the BRN. I assumed all was in order which is why they approved my application in the first place!

My live scan place did that too! That's so strange. Well thanks for the update. Based on some of the facebook new grad pages, it seems like most of us who applied late April/early may still haven't received ours. Thanks again 🙂

1 hour ago, soontobenewgrad2020 said:

@nursepaloma I would think that if there was a problem with my SS # they would not have approved my application in the first place? Our school very strictly instructed us not to call the BRN about our application because apparently that will only delay the process even further. So by the sound of it, typically your ATT should be sent right after your application gets approved?

Not necessarily. If there's info on your BRN application that doesn't 100% match what Pearson has, they may withhold your ATT. It's worth calling them to confirm this. Your school probably said that to prevent everyone from bombarding the BRN with calls but I would say this is a good reason to.

soontobenewgrad2020

Has 1 years experience.

Update: I actually received my ATT tonight haha. Whew, glad that's over with! Thanks everyone for your input!

They did my classes together. We all applied different days and were approved the same days besides a couple ppl that had delinquencies.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:40 PM, soontobenewgrad2020 said:

Update: I actually received my ATT tonight haha. Whew, glad that's over with! Thanks everyone for your input!

Best of luck with your studying and test!

On 6/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, quarantinenewgrad said:

Hmmmm....did you submit your live scan to the "additional documents" section? Or was it sent electronically by the live scan place? Trying to figure out they why behind all of this haha

Hi! Did you upload your live scan in additional documents? I did that and I think it's incorrect.