Jump to content

Anyone currently attending Monroe College?

Posted

Hello Everyone!

I've just received my acceptance into Monroe College's Progressive Nursing Program for the Winter semester! So I just figured id make a thread for any other people who are currently attending or have recently gotten accepted into the program.

For those of your currently attending, how is it going so far?

Is there anything I should know before the semester starts?

Id love to hear how everyone is doing and possibly get to know my fellow nursing students!

QB11, CNA

Specializes in Med Surge, ER, Chemical Dependency, PMR, ICU. Has 12 years experience.

Congratulations!! Did they interview you, if so can you explain what it was like? I am thinking about applying next year since I missed the deadline. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Congrats again.

Hey! I also just got my acceptance to the program. Excited to start ☺️☺️

QB11, CNA

Specializes in Med Surge, ER, Chemical Dependency, PMR, ICU. Has 12 years experience.

That's great! Do you mind, giving me some insight on the interview (I read that they interview you), when would you be starting? Congratulations 

On 10/27/2020 at 9:31 AM, CNA511 said:

Congratulations!! Did they interview you, if so can you explain what it was like? I am thinking about applying next year since I missed the deadline. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Congrats again.

Thank you, and part of the reason I made this thread is to kind of help others and myself gain insight on the program as a whole, and maybe even make a few friends LOL (cuz covid). I'm sorry you weren't able to make the deadline. I also missed the deadline for the fall semester originally, so I understand how disappointing that is.

The interview was very straightforward, they really just want to get an idea of their type of person you are. It included questions like "why do you want to be a nurse "and "why monroe college". My best advice to you is to show confidence in yourself and display a true desire and passion for Nursing. The questions really aren't the type to trip you up or blindside you. 

I hope that helps! And I wish you the best of luck 🙂

Edited by Ashley Reyes

10 hours ago, KageMel said:

Hey! I also just got my acceptance to the program. Excited to start ☺️☺️

Hi! Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm super excited too, hopefully we can get our schedules and stuff sooner than later. I was a transfer student so I'd like to see how things may be different for my schedule😅

QB11, CNA

Specializes in Med Surge, ER, Chemical Dependency, PMR, ICU. Has 12 years experience.

1 hour ago, Ashley Reyes said:

Thank you, and part of the reason I made this thread is to kind of help others and myself gain insight on the program as a whole, and maybe even make a few friends LOL (cuz covid). I'm sorry you weren't able to make the deadline. I also missed the deadline for the fall semester originally, so I understand how disappointing that is.

The interview was very straightforward, they really just want to get an idea of their type of person you are. It included questions like "why do you want to be a nurse "and "why monroe college". My best advice to you is to show confidence in yourself and display a true desire and passion for Nursing. The questions really aren't the type to trip you up or blindside you. 

I hope that helps! And I wish you the best of luck 🙂

Thank you so much! Good luck in the program.

2 hours ago, CNA511 said:

That's great! Do you mind, giving me some insight on the interview (I read that they interview you), when would you be starting? Congratulations 

It was very general questions about why wanting to be in the program. I would suggest making sure to highlight your character traits and what would make you successful at the school!

& thanks I believe in the beginning of January! Good luck to you hun 🙏💕

1 hour ago, Ashley Reyes said:

Hi! Congratulations on your acceptance! I'm super excited too, hopefully we can get our schedules and stuff sooner than later. I was a transfer student so I'd like to see how things may be different for my schedule😅

Oh wow! I’m a Transfer student too!

I’m actually a second degree student. I’m going to do the accelerated BSN. Not sure if that changes my schedule by a lot too. I guess we find out today. I’m coming over from Lehman, how about you?

On 10/28/2020 at 2:09 PM, KageMel said:

It was very general questions about why wanting to be in the program. I would suggest making sure to highlight your character traits and what would make you successful at the school!

& thanks I believe in the beginning of January! Good luck to you hun 🙏💕

Oh wow! I’m a Transfer student too!

I’m actually a second degree student. I’m going to do the accelerated BSN. Not sure if that changes my schedule by a lot too. I guess we find out today. I’m coming over from Lehman, how about you?

Oh what a coincidence! Although this my first degree, I'm also coming over from Lehman! My semester also starts in January, so maybe we'll even share a class or two. I'm supposed to be speaking with a financial advisor sometime this week. What about you?

Oh yea? I loved Lehman but their program just takes too long for me 😐

I had a webinar with the kind of classes we’re taking for the year.

I recurved my financial aid package today and sent it back. So I think I’m just waiting for the official schedule?

also have to take CPR class.

I have a feeling we’re going to do our lectures virtually but I’m not too worried about it !

do you have all your pre-requisites?

Oooh OK, I did all my pre-reqs at Lehman minus Microbiology (so ill have to do that at Monroe). All my advisor told me was that I would be connected with a financial advisor this week in regards to financial aid and what not.

Hopefully ill have a webinar of my classes as well because I wasn't really notified of anything like that. 

I was told by my interviewer that (for the most part) classes would be online but the more hands on labs and clinicals would be on campus, which makes sense.

Id love to hear back from you when you get your schedule! Even if we aren't in the exact same nursing program, I'm still interested in knowing what your program will look like. 

QB11, CNA

Specializes in Med Surge, ER, Chemical Dependency, PMR, ICU. Has 12 years experience.

God is amazing! I guess I did not miss the deadline, I went to a nursing session a while back and asked for my application to be deferred for 2021, so I was able to use. I was giving a  interview(Friday) and received this Today ....

 

I am so hyped🥰

20201102_132548.jpg