Nursing schools in Germany - page 2
by Cheries 31,590 Views | 28 Comments
Hi, I have a report to do for a nursing class, I am hoping someone could tell me what the nursing schools in germany are like. I can find plenty of web pages but I cant read english. What I would like to know is How many yrs.... Read More
- 1Jan 17, '09 by denise387I am also planning to move to Germany in a year or two with my husband. I am a licensed RN with a bachelors degree. Doesn't seem to sound like i'll have any luck getting a job over there (?). What about continuing nursing education? I've heard something said about nurse researches. Does anyone know anything about that or anything else that might help me? I don't speak German either.
- 0Jan 18, '09 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from denise387You will need to be able to speak German although when I lived there several years ago they could speak English they much preferred to speak German. Not sure how you will get a work permit but may have troubleI am also planning to move to Germany in a year or two with my husband. I am a licensed RN with a bachelors degree. Doesn't seem to sound like i'll have any luck getting a job over there (?). What about continuing nursing education? I've heard something said about nurse researches. Does anyone know anything about that or anything else that might help me? I don't speak German either.
- 0Jan 24, '09 by 5catsEverybody who wants to work as a nurse in Germany need to be fluent in German, exception only for people who are working for the US army or so.
So start studying German to start with.
Registration depends on in which "state" (Bundesland) are you gonna live, several goverment authorities might be involved.
Acceptance of your nursing education will depend on the hours you've done (theory and practical) according to the german nursing law and european guidelines. Your education should have been at least for 3 years.
- 0Feb 5, '09 by SavonarolaQuote from lizzykI don't think so, it wouldn't make sense, to be honest.Hi, does someone know any (nursing) schools in Germany which offer classes in English? Would be great if someone could help me.
Thanks a lot.
In Germany nurses have had diffuculties in finding jobs for a couple of years. And you should consider that competences are much lower than in other countries.
Any questions? I am German and might be able to help.
- 1Feb 8, '09 by 5catsLizzy,
I'm not aware of any schools in Germany that are doing this, there are schools where english is taught see Ulm or Heidelberg for instance, but not the nursing curriculum, you could try to contact the american base in Frankfurt, there's an american army hospital. But for a german nursing school you'll need to be fluent in german.
- 0Jul 21, '10 by redinahii...! i am redina and im from albaniaa...i wold love to follow a nursing school in germany but i got a problem! i dont know very well german language! i would like to ask you if there is any exam to be accepted in that school and if it is very difficult.....are there any classes for foreigners pupils??? please i really need this informantion...!! thankey...|