MSN after RN-BSN at WGURegister Today!
This is a discussion on MSN after RN-BSN at WGU in Western Governors University Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hi, For those of you who have graduated and moved on from WGU, can you please tell me where you...by fireball78 Sep 24, '12Hi,
For those of you who have graduated and moved on from WGU, can you please tell me where you are pursuing your MSN? I am almost set to start 11/01 and just trying to plan out my future education.
Have any of you had a problem getting into your dream school/dream program because of the pass/fail (3.0gpa) grading system?
Thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=788351©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,499 Views
- Oct 13, '12 by tortor09I'd like to know this too. I am interested in getting started on my grad school as soon as I can after I finish my ADN. I want to get into University of Colorado - Denver BSN-DNP the most out of all the other schools.
- Oct 23, '12 by surfnmurseI've asked the same question on another thread. No answer. Cal State Fullerton's Kaiser CRNA program won't even consider wgu applicants. CSUSM msn/fnp will allow you to apply, but 3.0 gpa is the bare minimum. Considering the competitive nature of apn program admissions I'd expect it to be a problem. Haven't heard back from the other CRNA and NP programs I've emailed. Considering I haven't heard from a single wgu grad claiming to have been accepted into an apn program I am not feeling to confident.
- Oct 23, '12 by kloneIf your aspirations are to be an NP, I would probably recommend a different program, due to how competitive those programs tend to be.
- Oct 24, '12 by fireball78Thanks everyone! I changed my mind about WGU. Decided that it wasn't the right fit for me. I have applied at other colleges (some brick and mortar) with traditional sessions/semesters and are 100% online.
- Oct 24, '12 by surfnmurseHeard back from LLU CRNA program admissions office. They do accept WGU BSN applicants. I'm guessing the gpa issue will still make it tough to be competitive.
- Nov 12, '12 by goodstudentnowRNCan't help you. I am doing my MSN Ed at WGU. However, a number of schools told me that they will accept my post graduate degree if I wish to do the ARNP.
- Nov 13, '12 by PatMac10,RNWill taking graduate level nursing courses at another institution help with the GPA issue?
- Nov 14, '12 by kloneIt won't change the GPA that WGU gives you.
- Nov 14, '12 by PatMac10,RNQuote from kloneYea I understand that, but would it help having other graduate nursing coursework to include?It won't change the GPA that WGU gives you.