Has anyone used a loan to pay for western govenors?Register Today!
- by schnookimz Jul 10Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has used a loan or worked with western govenors to organize payment? What was the experience like? Was the school helpful? Do they even have a financial aid office?
I was planning to pay out of pocket, but realized recently that won't work out. And still hoping for an August start date.
- 650 Views
- Jul 10 by schnookimzI should mention that I did apply for private student loans and was declined due to not having a consigner.
- Jul 10 by XmasShopperRNHave you completed a 2013-2014 FAFSFA application? The financial aid process was a little tedious, but not all that bad. For an 8/1 start date you'll need to have payment arrangements finalized by 7/22. I'm not saying it's impossible, but several steps in the financial aid process took up to 3 weeks to complete.
- Jul 10 by kloneYes, they have a financial aid office. They also offer payment plans for those who are paying OOP.
- Jul 10 by schnookimzI had no idea there were payment plans!!!!! Thank you!!! That should take care of it!
I don't qualify for FAFSA aid because I have a previous BA degree and so FAFSA won't help with the BSN, only the MSN.
I am lucky and my workplace offers 4000 in tuition reimbursement, but I thought I had to pay all 3500ish up front.
- Jul 10 by 2bTraumaRN2008My workplace does too, but the catch for them is they require a letter grade...so, it's totally out of the question for me...booooo...they will not accept pass/fail...so oop it is. So, I went forward with it..my thoughts are get it over and done with because I think we all will eventually need it. My employer also stopped promoting those up the clinical ladder without the bsn.