- by brian Admin Aug 17, '03Hi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=42264©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,531 Views
- Aug 18, '03 by NurseDixieHi everyone,
My name is Dixie, I am in the last semester of an ADN program. I will graduate in December. (can't wait!) I go to college in Parkersburg, WV. I hope we get lots of replies from our fellow WV nurses out there.
- Aug 22, '03 by mary915Hey everyone im a new nurse i just graduated in july i work in a hospital in Parkersburg in Orthopedics send me a message some time
- Aug 23, '03 by Marie_LPN, RNI used to live in Fayette and Raleigh Co.'s family is still in both (and Nicholas Co.)
- Sep 5, '03 by inodouHi everyone I am a 1st year nursing student in Southern WV.
- Sep 8, '03 by wildcardHi all,
I'm a future nurse. Currently living in VA by DC and grew up in SW PA. Maybe someday I'll get to live in WVA and have some P&Q. :-)
Look forward to talkin to ya.
- Sep 11, '03 by barefootladyLive in Fayette county. Have been a nurse over 20 years but am fed up and with the low pay and back breaking work. Lack of respect is big on the list too. Any ideas?
- Why is this board so quiet? Don't we have issues/problems to discuss? how about happy circumstances with our practice. I feel like I am alone in the boat. Come on people, let's get a active board started.
- Mary 915:
How do you like working on ortho? Was one of the first things I did and it was a hard but rewarding place to work. Deep bone pain is difficult to control and pain meds are a big issue with the patients. Do you use wound vac's, contanta-vac's, or polar pac's
much? So much has changed since the old balanced traction and pin care of my first days. Let us hear from you and how it is going.
Hope you have a good idea of what living and working in WV is really like. Some of the area's are great to look at but pay is low. There is not a lot of peace and quiet when 4 wheelers are allowed to run the mountains and do almost everyday. Don't get me wrong, I love my home place, but it is a hard place to make a living, and even though there is lip service to the nursing shortage, there is little being done to address it. Mandatory overtime is a real issue in lots of the NHF and hospitals. Let us hear from you. This board needs some action.