GWU ABSN Fall 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 21, '12 by shauna.rI'm also anxiously waiting to hear from GWU! My application was final Jan 16th and sent for review March 3rd. After reading through 2011's posts it seems like they are taking a lot longer this year... maybe there are more applicants?
- Mar 22, '12 by dancergirl185Just got my decision...I got in! So relieved! I was emailed back on Feb 15th that my application was sent for review so hopefully that gives you guys a timeline of when to expect a decision!
- Mar 22, '12 by BlueJays2013I still haven't heard... got my email saying my app was under review on Feb. 27th...
- Mar 24, '12 by runnovaI applied on January 13, got an email on February 15 saying my application was "submitted for review" and was accepted on March 22! Now onto figuring out the financial aid situation....
- Mar 24, '12 by dancergirl185Congrats runnova! Are you planning on attending? Have you been to the school before? I am planning on taking a trip down to see the campus sometime soon! I'm from Boston and I've always loved the DC area so it would be awesome to live around there!
- Mar 27, '12 by runnovaThanks, dancergirl. Congrats to you too! Are you leaning towards attending? I did go to an info session at the GW Northern VA campus (where classes will be held, not at the main campus in DC). It's pretty far out there in VA but the facilities & lab are newer and nicer than the other two D.C. area schools I visited so far (Marymount & Shenandoah). Just my opinion. The faculty I met were really nice as well. This is a wonderful area to live in. I moved here about 5 years ago and love it.
I admit that I am surprised GW wants my declaration of intent and $500 (!) non-refundble deposit by April 11 if I plan on attending. I'll likely send in the deposit and hope for the best from Financial Aid - I've submitted everything (they require more than just the FASFA) and am waiting to hear back from them. My top choice is Georgetown and the WHC scholars program (80% tuition paid for a 3 year committment to work there post-graduation) but I won't know about that until mid-May. If that doesn't work out for me then GW it is!
- Mar 27, '12 by dancergirl185That's great you got to see the area! I am trying to plan a visit out there before we have to send in our deposits, but April 11 is approaching so quickly! I am actually waiting to hear from Duke before I make any final decisions; Duke has said I will hear back by April 9. They have a similar program to Georgetown that if you are hired after graduation you will receive back tuition over a 3 year period. Like you, I will probably send in my deposit just to be 100% sure I'm going somewhere! If Duke doesn't work out I will definitely be attending GW!
- Apr 10, '12 by TXgirl912Has anyone else heard yet?
- Apr 10, '12 by nancy.wongI received my admittance email last week for this upcoming fall to the program. Have been in a bit of a rut trying to figure out if I want to attend GWU or Penn State. Dancegirl you mentioned that GWU's program gives tuition back over 3 years once hired?!?! If you have additional info on this can you send it my way? You wouldn't happen to know the NCLEX pass rate for first time takers?
- Apr 11, '12 by BthechangeYes I received an email last week and have sent my payment in. I'm definitely attending! Now on to figuring out financing. I too would love to hear more on the tuition payback at GWU if that is a possibility.
Nancy.wong-I read somewhere that GWU's NCLEX pass rate is 100%
Best to all!