Any places I'm missing?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Any places I'm missing? in Washington DC Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I've been trying for a few months to find a job in DC, and now that I have my license :) I'm trying...by RN1298 Feb 9, '10I've been trying for a few months to find a job in DC, and now that I have my license I'm trying one last time before really looking for a job closer to home. I really want to make sure there isn't anything I'm overlooking. I've applied for every position I can find that doesn't specify experience required at each of these facilities:
Washington Hospital Center
Virginia Hospital Center
Holy Cross Hospital
National Rehab Hospital
Howard County General Hospital
Frederick Memorial Hospital
Specialty Hospital of Washington
And then several that are a couple of hours away, farther into Virginia and Maryland. I also applied to Georgetown last semester but am not even trying this time around, due to how much goes into their application packet and how extremely competitive that new grad program is, it doesn't seem worth putting the time into it again. Anyway, all you DC people, if you notice a place that I missed, would you mind letting me know? I want to work in DC so bad... I just can't go much longer without a job and health insurance. :P
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=455514©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,884 Views
- Feb 23, '10 by 1john4:10Suburban Hospital in Bethesda
Montgomery General in northern Silver Spring
Providence Hospital in DC
Howard University Hosp in DC
I've heard good things about the first two (Suburban is working towards Magnet status), but mixed reviews about the last two. You mentioned adventist, you may not know there's two locations - Shady Grove and Washington Adventist. I hope you find a job soon.
- Feb 25, '10 by RN1298Thank you!! I know the first 2 are not hiring new grads, but I'll check on the others. No luck yet... I'm so frustrated.
- Apr 30, '12 by ciku03Has anyone applied at Howard county general hospital RN fellowship program. I applied recently and my application status changed to "I am being considered for a position ....and will be contacted if they wish to schedule an interview..
My question is regarding the application status and what are my chances of even being called in for an interview
- Jul 10, '12 by TheGirl07Georgetown and Doctors Community Hospital in MD
- Jul 11, '12 by soontobeRN01There is also a hospital in SE, DC called United Medical Center. They do have a few positions available on their website. Good luck!!