LPN to RN Program at NVCC, VARegister Today!
- by AVANURSE1 Nov 16, '11Hello
I am currently an LPN completing all my my pre-reqs at Northern Va Community College to apply for the LPN to RN program. I am a mother of 3 and work full-time so it's taking me a while to complete my RN. Has anyone done the LPN to RN bridge?
If so what did you think about it?
I was also reading other student's posts and some are recommending taking Bio 141/142/205 instead of NAS 161/162 route. Has anyone done the BIO 141/142 online? Who did you take it with? I do want to pursue a higher education in nursing (in the future), but right now I just want my ADN!
Future RN(i hope)
- Nov 16, '11 by AliFI took Bio 141 online as an 8 week class. It went really well, they give you all the materials you need to succeed. I was signed up for Bio 142, but dropped it last minute since we had to list our house for sale and I knew I wouldn't have time to dedicate to it. It shouldn't really matter which teacher you use, the class and tests are the same across the board.
- Nov 16, '11 by AVANURSE1Thanks AliF.
- Nov 29, '11 by Rookie0How did the online class and lab compare to real class?
- May 15, '12 by LPN-RN2012hi avanurse1 i am also an lpn and just submitted my application for nvcc lpn-rn program i am so nervous but am trying to be postive!! i took the nas 161 & 162 route but also took microbiology which is why i think they want you to do the 141 route so you have a seperate microbiology i plan on getting my bsn after my rn and if i have to take a&p again then so be it.
have you completed you prerequistes yet?? have you submitted your application??