UTA Spring 2013 - Page 60Register Today!
- Mar 17 by ViolachFrankiedarling,
It's hard to say just knowing your science GPA. A lot depends on your overall GPA, considerations, and whether or not you are partnered.
Based on what my advisor has told me and what I have read online, if your overall GPA is lower than a 3.5, then you will probably not be competitive unless you are partnered or have at least a couple of considerations. As far as the HESI goes, I believe they are concerned with whether or not you passed, and not your actual score.
Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck.
- Mar 17 by olddog40Hi Frankiedarling,
Your HESI is good enough for UTA, they just want a passing score. If I were you I would a) try to get a job with a partner hospital (this will greatly increase your chances) or b) keep retaking the science courses to get the science gpa as close to a 4.0 as you can. It may take more than one try but you can definitely do this! I would apply now, but know that it may take more than one try. Many in the program got in on their 2nd or 3rd try.
- Mar 17 by olddog40I forgot to mention that the program is well regarded with the hospitals.
- Mar 17 by ViolachEven the AP program?? I had my doubts about doing the program online, but with my schedule, I kind of have to.
- Mar 25 by Frankiedarling10Thank you so much for the answers back... now my new question is I was looking in to doing the online course cause I feel I have a chance at that track faster than the one I am on now but I am confused on the Pre reqs its saying you have to have like 3 different english lit classes and other random stuff Is what is required for the on line prerequisites not the same for the online based program I am only missing 5 classes that I will be taking between now and spring start but now I feel lost I have the following pre reqs and will be obtaining some with in this list if i am missing a class please let me know and again this is for the online class
intro to psych
history 2(taking this summer)
technical writing (taking this summer)
Developmental psych (taking this summer)
intro to nursing
am I missing any classes that I have to have before being able to get in to the on line bsn???
- Apr 18 by kajnkweenGood luck guys - letters are out - anyone hear anything yet?
- Apr 18 by ViolachI only applied to the AP BSN program. Received an acceptance letter yesterday. :-)
- Apr 18 by dlwoodjrCongratulations, btw...
- Apr 18 by ViolachThank you!
- Apr 20 by kajnkweenCongratulations! Welcome to nursing!Quote from ViolachI only applied to the AP BSN program. Received an acceptance letter yesterday. :-)