UTA Spring 2013 - Page 58Register Today!
- Jan 14 by kajnkweensure! No problem - they are REAL sticklers for prerequisites - they absolutely must be complete before the program starts - no exceptions; and they are also sticklers for order of classes - you might check with your advisor to be sure that Micro isn't a prereq for Patho? If so you cannot take them together - I had that situation with Chemistry and Patho - couldn't take them together so I had to do Chem at TCC in the summer to get it done.
Sounds like application for Fall would be your best bet - watch that application deadline!
- I would have them done before the program begins - just wondering if they would want to see my grades in those classes before they admitted me. :/ Ok, I just double checked - A&P I, II, and Chem are prerequisites for Patho and Pharm. Whew, you had me nervous! Lol.
- Jan 14 by kajnkweenyes, absolutely you would not be accepted until those courses are complete - you would, at best, be waitlisted - those of us who were in our final courses began to get calls from the waitlist as soon as our final exams were done - our grades were not even posted yet, but CON obviously has access to your grades and could quickly make determinations of who met requirements of the final prereqs. In light of that, it is obviously in your best interest to take final courses at UTA since you will not have to wait for transfer transcripts to hit your records at UTA - they can just pull you up and see that you completed the course and your final grade! You really do want to know ASAP if you have gotten accepted because the orientation requirements are alot, with very limited time to complete them, especially if you receive notification late ~
- I don't understand why they even allow us to apply before everything is completed, if that is the case. Maybe because the app deadline date is several months before the program start date?
Per the School of Nursing website:
"When Can I Apply?
Once you have completed 12 of your 16 credit hours of natural sciences (Human A&P I, II, Chemistry, and Microbiology) you should review the application deadline that is nearest to your intended start date. In order to begin the nursing program, you must complete all prerequisite courses. You can apply one semester in advance of when you plan to begin the upper division nursing program. This allows you to complete any remaining courses while your nursing application is being reviewed. For example, if you have 12 of your 16 science hours completed by the January 5th deadline, you can apply to UT Arlington to complete your pre-nursing courses in spring and, if accepted, start nursing school in June. Please review the admission requirements and contact your academic advisor if you require clarification."Last edit by Violach on Jan 14
- Maybe they already know if students are viable candidates at this point and waitlist those who they plan to let in once their final grades come in (if their grades remain high in these classes.) I am just going to give myself an ulcer if I keep this up. I guess what is meant to be will be. :/
- I was admitted to the program with two prereqs left to take. They did not wait for my grades to post. I still had Chemistry and intro to nursing. I did not need these for the other programs I was looking at and did not want to take them unless I was accepted.
- Jan 21 by kajnkweenOh really? That's odd because Chemistry is a pre-req for both Patho and Pharm - I was locked out of registering for either until I had completed Chemistry - and then my advisor had to open those two courses up for me!
Most that I have spoken to were waitlisted until courses were complete - lucky for you if you got into Patho and Pharm before Chemistry, and if you were not waitlisted!
- I took all of my prereqs at DCCCD. The only course I took at UTA was the intro to nursing. I did have a 4.0 in my sciences and was partnered.
- Congratulations to those of you who made it in. I am just starting my second semester and love it! Let me know if you have any questions.
- Jan 21 by kajnkweenOh that's why - that's great! So they took your Pharm and Patho from there? They wouldn't transfer from TCCD ~ Are you inseat or AP? I'm AP - so far so good!