UTA Fall 2013 - Page 50Register Today!
- Apr 18 by dlwoodjrTo answer the questions regarding the testing, I must state that I am not close to my clinical hospital (or Arlington for that matter). I live in Temple and all testing is proctored. For most people, they will take their proctored tests at their clinical location. If you live in the DFW area, that isn't a big deal. Because I live so far away, I take my proctored tests at a college testing center that is local to me, but I must pay the testing fee out of pocket. That is better than paying for gas to drive all the way to my clinical hospital that is 2 hours away. It works for me. There are a few tests that I cannot take at a remote testing locations, e.g. HESI final. In that instance I am required to drive to the designated location, usually the clinical hospital. As far as the frequency, it has been almost every week for the majority of the 14 weeks. I can't get into any more specifics regarding testing days and what is being tested because this info is specific to my cohort and I do not know anyone in any other cohorts, so I don't know if they are the same for them. Likely they are, but I don't want anyone to be mad at me if their cohort's testing day turns out to be a different weekday...
I can hear it now... "but Don said it was Wednesdays..." lol.
- Apr 19 by amomnamedkellyHey all! I just stumbled across this site, a bit late I know... this is my first semester applying at UTA for the nursing program...and I got waitlisted...boo. Seems like I am in good company and many of us will be waiting together has anyone been waitlisted before? I am just lost with how they rank and such - as it seems many others are. Guess we will hope for the best! Good luck to everyone!
- Apr 19 by amomnamedkellyIs anyone taking summer classes? I only have my upper level elective left to do this summer...
- Apr 19 by lharvickI was waitlisted last semester. They don't explain how they exactly ranked people but their overall GPA, science GPA, considerations, and if they are partnered are all factors. Last semester if a person that was partnered gets waitlisted they get first priority to the hospital they work for. If those spots at your hospital are filled then those partnered applicants compete with the nonpartnered individuals for left over spots at other hospitals that still need to be filled.
- I am. Pharm and Statistics. Worried about Stats. Ugh.
- Good luck. Hope you get in.
- Thanks for the info!!
- Apr 19 by lharvickI won't be able to go to the meeting this year that's on the 25th because of work so could someone please tell me what they say as far as this year's stats go
- Apr 19 by Hope1faith@amomnamedkelly I am taking summer classes, I have my upper elective and patho to take. Is anybothy that's waitlisted partnered?