California license by endorsement
- 1Aug 24, '12 by L&DWendyAny advise would help! I have order a fingerprint from California BON three times over the past six weeks. There is a form to submit on their website. After each submission it says allow two weeks for delivery. Still no card!! I have tried calling the BON a dozen times. Every time it says we are having a large volume of calls, we can not accept your call. Try again later and then it disconnects. I am so frustrated. I want to take an assignment the first of the year so I wanted to getting everything settled early knowing it can take a while to get my license.Is anyone else having the same issue?Has any got a license by endorsement by using a fingerprint card from their home state?Thank you for any help you can offer.
- 7,468 Views
- 0Aug 24, '12 by SheilaORNI requested one and received within a wk, did not have a problem with it. When I went to get my fingerprints done, those people even have the cards there, dunno if you have to buy them or they will provide for free. I'm in tx. Just got my lic on Mon super excited. Good luck
- 0Aug 24, '12 by eleectrosaurusNot sure about the specifics of a fingerprint card, but if you or maybe a friend can go directly to the office in sacramento I know they process paperwork on the spot rather than mailing and sitting in a queue.
Calling in.. yes, what a pain. Call at 8:00am sharp PST and you'll probably get through.
- 0Aug 25, '12 by NedRNIf you really have three months, you should be OK. However, doing everything by mail can sometimes take months. The usual issue is submitted fingerprint cards cannot be read, and they have to be redone. If you can afford the time and money for a short trip to California, your odds substantially increase by doing the LiveScan fingerprints anywhere in California. From PanTravelers excellent board resource, the best times to call are indeed 8 am to 8:30 am PST, as well as 4 to 5 pm.
For those interested in the fastest possible CA license (again from PanTravelers):
Walk through: only after fingerprint initiated background check complete including California DOJ and FBI. Also requires receipt by board of current license verification or Nursys. Best case scenario is 3 days for a background check with an average time of one week if you use LiveScan fingerprinting available only inside the State of California.
Tips for fastest processing:
- Do the LiveScan in California prior to an application.
- Do the online application (ignore the online warning not to do it if you want a temp)
- Call the board the next day and ask if the application has been received. Also ask if they can see that the background check has been initiated.
- If it has been at least two days since the LiveScan, ask to speak to an evaluator. Only the board evaluators can access the background details.
- When the background check is complete, walk in for a temp on the spot.
- 0Dec 9, '12 by L&DWendyRNFlona-Still waiting! I received a letter from the board saying I was missing General Psychology on my transcript. In Florida you can take Sociology or Psych, I took Sociology. Well in California, General Psych. is required. Even though I have been a nurse for years I had to go enroll in a Psych class. I actually just took my final Thursday. According to the BON, once they receive my updated transcript I should have my license in three weeks or so.This has been such a long frustrating experience. I hope traveling is worth it.