Best travel nurse agenciesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Best travel nurse agencies in Travel Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I'm thinking of pursuing travel nursing. Can anyone tell me from past experiences which agency has...by agatka Oct 4, '10I'm thinking of pursuing travel nursing. Can anyone tell me from past experiences which agency has most benefits? (higher pay, private housing, best recruiters, locations) I'd really appreciate it.:redpinkhe I've been an RN in CT for 3 years with strong and broad med/surg and rehab experience.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=508303©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,015 Views
- Oct 5, '10 by Orange TreeI'm sorry if you already know this....but there is a travel nurse section here:
Travel Nursing - Nursing for Nurses
You might be able to find some info there? It's something I'm also interested in, but I don't have enough experience to be able to do it yet.
- Jul 31, '11 by happyjack7I am interested in cath lab travel nursing and want to go to Florida. Any advice to the best agency and areas?
- Jul 31, '11 by bagladyrnYou will not find one agency which has the best of everything. There is a finite amount of money for any given contract and if more is allotted to one area (i.e. housing) then there is less to go in another area (i.e. hourly rate). Think of it as a "pie". Larger companies may have more contracts in more areas, but will also have more overhead and therefore may pay a lower rate (but conversely have enough contracts to keep you steadily employed. A smaller agency may give you a more "personal" feeling with your recruiter, but will have less backup (i.e. after hours on call person, clinical liason, multiple housing coordinators)that you would have with a big agency.
The trick is to decide which factors are really the most important to you and go with the agency that offers the best of that, or find an agency which offers an acceptable level of several important things that you can live with. You may also want to do as many do and list with multiple agencies.
- Aug 1, '11 by hkLD5150I just started my first assignment today!! So far so good!!
I went to this website http://www.highwayhypodermics.com/ as well as I listened to what people had said on here and asked around! I was talking with 2 different companies, both of them had comparable pay packages, and good locations. I ended up going with the recruiter that I felt was really listening to me.......I can't say if she is great.....yet!!! Good luck!!!
- Aug 1, '11 by happyjack7Are you working the cath lab?