Advice on where to go next?Register Today!
- by 1Dreamer Dec 30, '12My first assignment ends soon and was looking for advice on a good place to go to next. What hospitals and states would you recomend? Thank you.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805090©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 809 Views
- Dec 30, '12 by meandragonbrettHow soon is soon? What is your specialty? Are you looking for money or for location?
Compact license? CA License? Where are you now?
I absolutely love SF Bay Area and NorCal.
- Jan 1 by sweetgurly25you can try the big states where there is always jobs. CA TX FL
- Jan 2 by 1DreamerICU and I have a compact license. How hard is it to get a CA license? Thanks.
- Jan 2 by meandragonbrettQuote from 1DreamerCA License isn't difficult to get...it can just take forever. They also have a temporary license that you can get if you need it to go to work now. Quickest way to get CA Temp License is generally in person.ICU and I have a compact license. How hard is it to get a CA license? Thanks.
If you are willing to take another assignment elsewhere and then work on your CA license then do that! Some agencies will not even submit you to assignments in CA until you have your license.
- Jan 12 by NurseRiesQuote from 1DreamerI recommend alloying yourself minimum 8 weeks for processing. I didn't think getting my CA license was any harder then any other state. It took me 3+ months. I heard nothing from them after after about 8 weeks so I called and they finally figured out that my college did not properly send the transcripts. You have to send your school a form that THEY have to fill out and send your transcripts with the form. You can only hope that they do it correctly. I believe you also have to get your fingerprints done for this license. It's not difficult, just tedious. Don't plan on getting your license in a timely fashion. Plan ahead- way ahead!!ICU and I have a compact license. How hard is it to get a CA license? Thanks.