TWU Dallas Fall 2011 Accepted!Register Today!
- by zeek1 Apr 6, '11It was recommended on the other page that we start a thread for TWU's Fall 2011 Dallas accepted nursing students. Here you go! Lets be cordial and get to know everyone. We are going to be doing the same thing and seeing one another for the next two years. I know I will have a lot of questions throughout this process. I think that we can help one another more than we know.
Let me start it off. Im Zeek. I am a post bac student with a degree in biology. Im originally from Louisiana.
- Apr 6, '11 by TWUDallasAdvisorCONGRATS to all who have been accepted to Dallas! I just wanted to share a few things with you guys (and this is at the top of the thread so you all will read it - yay!)
It will be AT LEAST a week or two until you hear something official from the Dallas campus about your acceptance. As you know, accepted students have until April 15th to confirm their acceptance with Denton. Denton will not release the names and contact info to Dallas until they have a FULL class of confirmed students. Without names and contact info, there's not a whole lot we can do. We're hoping to get the list, even a partial list, sooner than that, but it's not something we can control.
Your acceptance packet will be EMAILED to you at your TWU email address when we get the list. Dallas no longer mails the acceptance packets. It saves time and is enviromentally friendly. So keep checking your TWU email address!
One thing to note - New Student Orientation will be held on Friday, May 6 at the Dallas Center starting at 8:30 am and ending about 2:00 pm. It is VITAL that you attend Orientation, and you'll get more detailed information via email soon, but I wanted to start getting the date out there so you guys can make arrangements (take off work, get child care, etc.) to attend if you need to.
You'll be "officially" hearing from us soon! Congrats again and welcome to Dallas!
- Apr 6, '11 by x3kriisssYayy I'm so excited! I can't believe I got in, I'm still in shock! My name is Kristin and I look forward to meeting y'all at orientation(: has anyone started a Facebook page yet? Congrats to all!
- Apr 6, '11 by zeek1Hi Kristin. congrats to u as well. and i dont think anyone has started a facebook page just yet.
- Apr 6, '11 by cchapman2Hey everyone! My name is Candace. Like Kristen, I'm still reeling from shock that I got in. I'm so, unbelievably excited Congratulations to everyone!
- Apr 6, '11 by CMarie89Hey! I got in too!! I'm excited!! thanks dallas advisor for the info! Can't wait for May 6th!! Congrats to everyone!!
- Apr 6, '11 by zeek1hi candace and c-marie!
i think we are all still excited. i think im a little too excited. ive already ordered my wine scrubs. im getting a little ahead of myself but i cant help it. lol
- Apr 7, '11 by TwinkletoebellsRNHi everyone!
I am so glad we have this chance to talk and share experiences. My name is Mischa, and I am still crazy excited about getting in, just like you all. It's a great feeling.
I can't wait for the orientation to learn what's ahead of us and to meet you.
Zeek, thanks for creating the thread!!!
- Apr 7, '11 by RobynAliciaHey Everyone!
My name is Robyn and I can't wait to meet everyone! Thanks for giving us the heads up on May 6!
- Apr 7, '11 by princesstl121hi everyone,
my name is Trana and I'm so excited to get to start the nursing program with everyone. I can't wait to see what it brings and what great people I'm going to meet. I'm excited to meet you all on may 6th for our orientation! See ya there!