Pediatric LTAC in DFW?Register Today!
- by Sweetpea1301 Sep 1, '12Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows of any pediatric Acute Care hospitals/centers in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex? I am a new RN who is having a hard time getting an internship/job at the few pediatric hospitals here, and am interested in the ICU type environment. Thanks in advance.
- Sep 2, '12 by Esme12Google is your freind........here are a few.
HealthBridge Children's Hospital - Houston, Texas
Texas Health Resources - Long Term Acute Care Jobs | Simply Hired
Long-Term Acute Care
I would also call the childrens hospitals and ask to speak to a case manager and ask....where do they send their long term acute care children.
- Sep 2, '12 by TheCommuterYou could also consider pediatric private duty as a way to get a foot into the door of the peds specialty. Peds private duty is booming in the D/FW area, and most agencies will hire and train new grads.
- Sep 2, '12 by Sweetpea1301Thank you both; Houston is too far at this time- I cannot relocate and that is DEFINITELY not a good commute
I have actually done pedi private duty, but realized that I am not comfortable in some people's homes, and with some parents breathing down my neck...too many unsafe situations. I have tried the google links and searches but haven't found any definitive answers. I will keep trying!
- Sep 3, '12 by not.done.yetI believe during clinicals at Childrens Medical Center I was told there is only one pediatric LTAC in the Dallas area. No idea though if that is true or not.
- Sep 3, '12 by Sweetpea1301Not.Done.Yet, do you have an idea of what it is?
- Sep 4, '12 by not.done.yetNot a clue. I just remember asking where kids who need long-term acute care go and the answer was largely home health or far, far from home.