Medical City Dallas Internship Program Oct. 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 11, '12 by jniffer23It has been opened and closed a few times then, because I know it closed beginning of September. I applied back in August. If you click on the description of the internship it should list all the departments participating. You are to provide a cover letter telling them your top choice, because you will only interview once. It explains all this in the description. At least it did when I applied.
- I got an offer for their PCU internship starting on the 22nd. Im in the background check phase. I am very excited! My husband and I moved to Dallas in May and have been trying to get in their internship since then. I am working as a nurse at a drug rehab facility now and looking forward to making the switch.
- I guess I will see u on the 22nd. I know that ICU, telemetry, and PCU intern together.
- Oct 11, '12 by CarryThatWeightJomajoma, congrats!! I have been trying to message you for a while now to ask how everything went but your inbox has been full. How did your interview go? When do you start?
- Quote from CarryThatWeightHey there!! I have been trying to message you too and it wasnt going through. I did not know that was the reason why. It just says error when I sending the private message from my phone. Im going to clear my messages and pm youJomajoma, congrats!! I have been trying to message you for a while now to ask how everything went but your inbox has been full. How did your interview go? When do you start?
- Oct 12, '12 by Sweetpea1301Well it looks like I will be joining everyone at orientation- received my offer today for PICU! The job posting was taken down shortly after initial listing because they had several hundred applicants. If it reappeared, it may have been to expand the applicant pool. Here is what was available: General Medical, Surgical/Bariatric, Orthopedic, Neuroscience, Oncology, Stem Cell Transplant, Telemetry, Progressive Care, CVICU, NVICU, SICU, Emergency Department, Clinical Decision Unit, General Pediatrics, Pediatric Specialty & Hem/Onc, PICU, NICU, Postpartum, OR.
I am thrilled to be starting in the PICU at this hospital! Everyone who was hired should pat themselves on the back because very few positions were available! I bet they will be looking for interns for spring, too.
- Oct 12, '12 by jniffer23Congrats Sweetpea and jomajoma! I will see you in a little over a week then. Can't wait to meet you both! So happy for the two of you. I am very excited about this opportunity and feel very blessed to have this job! I guess jomajoma and I will pretty much be living together for the next three months...lol! I am so glad I started this thread. I am still going through the background check phase as well.
- Oct 12, '12 by jomajomaIm really looking forward to meeting you guys!! Does anyone know how the internship is after orientation? Is the schedule still M-F? How long is the background check phase? Im getting so antsy!!
- Oct 12, '12 by NewToDallasI was offered the Postpartum spot, but declined it today after receiving an offer at Baylor L&D. I was told there was only one spot on PP, so if you've applied and were told you didnt get it, there still could be hope!! Congrats to everyone about to begin!
- Oct 14, '12 by moncj66I just went on an interview this past Monday for the oncology unit. She said she will be making final decision this upcoming week. I hope I get a spot!