DFW GN/RN June 2011 InternshipsRegister Today!
- by meggo Mar 13, '11I've seen threads discussing this topic so I'm hoping to combine all of the discussions and include everyone.
Who else is applying to June GN/RN internships is the Dallas and Fort Worth area? Where have you applied and what feedback have you received? Does anyone who applied to previously posted internships and got accepted or rejected have any advice for us?
Personally I'm a BSN Dec 2010 grad with a new TX RN license and I've applied to any openings I could find in the ED and women & infant services as well as a few random telemetry and critical care spots. I have had 1 phone interview and I have a phone interview and in-person interview scheduled for next week. Im keeping my fingers crossed that something will go well!!!
Good luck to all of us new grads in this tough job market!! :redpinkhe
- Mar 13, '11 by puffi77Hi, I have applied to a few positions but have not heard anything back. I got an email for a possible phone interview from Baylor...What hospital did you interview for? I guess it is to my disadvantage that I have an Associate's Degree and have my education background from out of state...Good luck!
- Mar 13, '11 by meggoQuote from puffi77The phone interview was for an HCA facility. I graduated from out of state too, I hope that fact doesn't kill our chances when it comes to the nurse manager interviews! Do you have any experience or are you a brand new grad? Good luck with the Baylor phone interview - I hope you hear from them soonHi, I have applied to a few positions but have not heard anything back. I got an email for a possible phone interview from Baylor...What hospital did you interview for? I guess it is to my disadvantage that I have an Associate's Degree and have my education background from out of state...Good luck!
- Mar 14, '11 by puffi77Hi Meggo,
I am a new nurse, and I have been staying home raising my kids since I finished Nursing school 2 years ago...It seems it might take awhile for me to get the right job...Did they ask you in the phone interview how much you expect to get paid? my research shows between $21-$24.50/hour plus shift differential depending on where you work for nurses without experience?Thanks
- Mar 14, '11 by Princess_WannaBeMeggo I know a lot of people who have gotten jobs here from out of state so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm interested in woman & infant services as well. Did you apply to any for HCA??
- Mar 14, '11 by meggopuffi77 - $21-24.50 / hr seems right from what I've seen posted online.
Princess_Wannabe - Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I have not seem any OB openings for HCA. Over the last few weeks I have applied to several OB THR spots. Did you apply to any of those? My applications say "Application in Review Process" and "Application Received" for all of them. I wish I knew someone to contact there so I could ask a few questions:/
- Mar 15, '11 by Princess_WannaBeI don't have my license yet so I don't think I can apply for any of those postings. That's great THR is looking at ur application hopefully u will get an interview
- Mar 18, '11 by meggoHas anyone heard anything new?
I had a phone interview with Baylor ED and many of their positions have already been filled. THR has also filled everything in Dallas already I'm a little confused because I applied on day 1 and was "forwarded to the hiring manager for review" on day 2 and nobody ever contacted me. I guess thats a downfall of not knowing anyone here. I had a Parkland internship interview and I was told that they have not started their resident interviews yet.
- Mar 18, '11 by Princess_WannaBeWell I checked Baylor today and all the positions are still up except for the Bone Marrow Transplant as of now. I have a friend who had her application forwarded to the manager but hasn't heard anything yet. I know THR sends out rejection emails so maybe you still have a chance. I just got one yesterday for l&d
- Mar 18, '11 by twnurse_2010I applied for several positions at THR and they all say app in review or forwarded to hiring manager. I called the nurse recrut and she said they have not started interviewing yet. so we still have a good chance...