Cook Children's Nurse ResidencyRegister Today!
- by excessively_diverted Oct 7, '10Did anyone apply to the Cook Children's nurse residency program and get a call for an interview yet? I know the application deadline just passed, but since they are holding interviews next week I'm getting antsy!
- Oct 8, '10 by MisterSimbaI did this morning. I hope you get a call too! Good luck!!!
- Nov 3, '10 by OpheliasWingsI am very interested in this program, currently I am working towards my pre reqs to apply to programs around the Houston area. If you don't mind me asking where did you attend school and what types of qualifications do you have? I'm curious to find out the types of applicants that they have for this internship.
Thanks for your time.
- Aug 31, '11 by tammy1217I did my advanced practicum work there and loved every minute. I think they typically look at grades, leadership, communication, and of course the interview. For the nurse resident program there is also an essay.
- Aug 31, '11 by OpheliasWingsThanks so much for the reply. I am still very interested in the internship program. I am finishing up my last two semesters and plan to start applying to UT-Houston and Texas A & M in the Spring. We used to live in Weatherford outside of Ft. Worth and have considered moving back to the area. But with the economy being the way it is I'm just going to have to try to get into a program here in the Houston area then try to get into the internship program once I graduate.
There are so many great pediatric hospitals here in Texas it's hard to choose where to go, however we definitely like the Ft. Worth/Dallas area much more than the Houston area. But at this rate I'll just be happy to get into a pediatric program once I graduate.
Thanks again for your reply.