Austin Community College - ACC - Spring '12 Hopefuls - page 7
by TheHotPinkLady 29,034 Views | 126 Comments
Heyyyy everyone! There isn't a thread yet for the Spring '12 hopefuls, so I thought I'd start one :clown: I just finished Microbiology, College Algebra and 4 of my 5 coreq's, and all I have left is Physiology, Pharmacology... Read More
- 0May 23, '11 by jlyn527Hi!
I am applying in June 1st and I take my HESI this coming Friday. Can anyone tell me what the A&P questions are like? Are they high level or really detailed and specific. I made As in A&P but it was last year and I am so nervous that I will not remember something specific. Thanks!!! You all are full of great info!
- 0May 23, '11 by annbananzHi jilyn527!
Not sure what the A&P questions will be like but wishing you the best of luck!.....I take the HESI on the 31st and I'm really nervous about it. I'm brushing up on all my notes from A&P just to refresh my memory so hopefully that we'll be enough for that section....but I guess we'll see.
- 0May 24, '11 by bnicoleI would not worry about the math and reading sections at all. They are super easy.
The A & P section was not too difficult, It was random questions about certain things. Nothing too techinical.
I would recommend a study guide to help you get a study plan and I would just go over your Physiology book if you still have it.
- 0May 25, '11 by annbananzCajuntexasman,
Well as of right now I'm just studying for the HESI. I'll be turning in my application on June 1st. I completed all my pre- and co-reqs for the ADN program so I'm taking classes that will count towards my BSN (chemistry, history, government, art, etc.) for the summer and fall semesters. I'll also be doing the CNA course through ACC's continuing education this summer just so I can start doing something...anything! I'm really crossing my fingers that I get accepted for Spring 2012....my anxiety levels are super high right now
Best of luck to you!....and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
- 0May 27, '11 by Brooke.ACCHey ya'll! Just took the HESI this AM and it was not bad at all!! Review the study guide they recommended (I think it sells for around $40 but i found a copy at half price awhile back for $19) and you should have no problem! You have to get a 75+ on each graded section (Math, A&P, and Reading), and the average between the three graded sections is what you get your admission ranking points from (i.e. 90 and higher gets you the full 10 possible points for the HESI)
I was super nervous just becuase of the importance of the test, but seriously, it wasn't bad!!!! I reviewed the study guide a day or two before and got the full 10 points!
Don't sweat it, but as I've come to realize in myself and other pre-nursing majors, WE'RE CRAZY OCD and OBSESSED!!