Hourly rate- CNAs- Clarksville, TN
- 0May 4, '05 by charliegurlI am thinking of applying for a CNA job in Clarksville so that I can gain experience working at a hospital while in nursing school, but I do not know how much they would make. Please tell me hourly rates for both nursing homes and hospitals thanx!!
- 4,666 Views
- 0May 5, '05 by nursepotter05I work at Vanderbilt, which I know isn't Clarksville, however I can tell you what techs make there. If you are a junior in nursing school, you would be a nurse extern and we make $12/hr. The care partners(techs) make $8 and something/hr. Care partners don't make all that good however it is great experience. Also, nights make a differential (can't remember exactly how much, it's more that $1/hr) There is a weekend shift diff of $2. I hope this helps a little.
- 0May 6, '05 by Mommy TeleRNTNNurse05...
Any idea what new grad RN's start out in Nashville area?
I am starting nursing school this fall and feel a little worried about the sad state of nursing pay in TN as a whole
I know Nashville pays the best in the state... may have to consider moving back there after I finish nursing school.
- 0May 7, '05 by nursepotter05I start at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in July in the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program. My starting pay is 17.25. if I do critical care, i get $1 more an hour. Night shift diff is 3.40/hr and weekend diff is 6.00/hr on top of that. This is about average for the Nashville area.
- 0May 7, '05 by Mommy TeleRNQuote from TNnurse05Thanks for the info .. the base seems low even for Nashville but those differentials are pretty sweet. I guess I seem greedy but dang going to school is such a committment LOL. I make $15 hr now sitting on my butt being a bank teller..guess that has me spoiled LOL. One of these days after I finish school and get a few years experience I really want to try travel nursing. That just sounds perfect to me.I start at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in July in the Pediatric Nurse Residency Program. My starting pay is 17.25. if I do critical care, i get $1 more an hour. Night shift diff is 3.40/hr and weekend diff is 6.00/hr on top of that. This is about average for the Nashville area.
Which school are you in? TSU?
Congrats on the new job!
PS...what nights are actually considered weekend? The weekend rate would be $27ish hr! That is pretty good. Will you be working 12 hr shifts?Last edit by Mommy TeleRN on May 7, '05