Calling all Southwest Tennessee Community College 2012 Fall Hopefuls - page 2
The deadline to apply is February 1, 2012. How many are applying? I thought I would start a thread so we can all wait together, and get to know each other. I finished my special application today and will turn it in tomorrow at... Read More
- 0Jan 26, '12 by Dawn2012Deadline is fast approaching then the real nail biting starts. My index score is a 62.3 if I can't make it in with that I will feel like giving up for sure. Last semester kicked my butt with AP II, Micro, as statistics. This semester is pretty light for me so far anyway. I am taking Nutrition, and Psychology. What courses is everyone else doing this semester, or are you taking time off before nursing school?
Hi Sheri, I am sure it is hard to be playing the waiting game again. I wish you luck this go around.
- 0Jan 26, '12 by nikkih901Quote from Dawn2012I will have to take a placement exam (Foundations and Dosages HESI) more than likely when the new class takes them at the end of this semester. The placement exam dictates whether I continue on where I failed or if I have to start from the very beginning (Foundations).Nikki, does SW save a spot for you to return too, or do you have to re apply? Just wondering how that works.
- 0Jan 31, '12 by 40 year old freshmanI also have applied for the fall 2012 Nursing Program, and would like to find out if I have done everything correctly regarding the admission process. I believe my index score is 64.2, and was wondering what everyone else had scored.Quote from Dawn2012The deadline to apply is February 1, 2012. How many are applying? I thought I would start a thread so we can all wait together, and get to know each other. I finished my special application today and will turn it in tomorrow at the start of the spring semester. Good luck to everyone!
- 0Feb 8, '12 by 40 year old freshmanDoes anyone know how to tell if all the admissions criteria have been completed, and you are in the running for the 2012 Fall Nursing School? The Admissions lady is not much help, and is rude as hell also. It is hard as hell getting a straight answer from anyone at Southwest.Last edit by tnbutterfly on Feb 8, '12 : Reason: Please do not post names of school employees
- 0Feb 8, '12 by Dawn2012I called a few days before the deadline to verify my application was complete. It is my understanding if we were missing anything in our file there would have been a list stating what was missing in the letter we received. So if you didn't have an additional sheet of paper with your certified letter, then your application is complete. It will be a long wait until April.
- 0Feb 10, '12 by baseballmom99I am getting nervous myself. I have not even added up to see what my index score is. I am also taking Nutrition and Psychology this semester along with Philosophy. I am really enjoying the classes. You had a big load with AP, Micro and Statistics. I do not know how you did it.
- 0Feb 17, '12 by SheriWoodThanks Dawn. Hey all This month sure is dragging along. April seems soooo far away Guess all we can do now is wait. Where are all the other applicants? Has anyone heard how competitive this pool of applicants are?? lol Are you all just as anxious as I am?? Heard the committee doesnt even meet until next month.
- 0Feb 19, '12 by nikkih901Quote from SheriWoodHi Sheri. It is understood that the Fall program is a little less competitive since you will be taking classes during the day. Also, I know the chosen index scores for the Fall program are slightly lower than the index scores of applicatants in the Spring. Do you know your index score at this time? If so, do you mind sharing it with us? If I remember correctly, you applied for the Spring program and did not get accepted. If that is the case, I honestly don't see you having any problems being accepted this time around. Good luck to you!!Thanks Dawn. Hey all This month sure is dragging along. April seems soooo far away Guess all we can do now is wait. Where are all the other applicants? Has anyone heard how competitive this pool of applicants are?? lol Are you all just as anxious as I am?? Heard the committee doesnt even meet until next month.