Calling all SOUTHWEST Tennessee Community College Fall 2011 Hopefuls!!!Register Today!
- by girlshunt2 Feb 15, '11Hi! I'm going crazy in suspense waiting to hear if I am accepted or not. Is anyone else trying for the fall 2011 semester at Southwest Tennessee Community College? How are ya feeling? I'm sweating bullets! Need some buddies on here!
- Feb 21, '11 by MemphishI'm waiting to hear as well. I am anxious to get started, but not too worried about getting accepted after reviewing some of the GPA's and NLN scores of others that were accepted. I actually applied for the spring semester before finishing Micro just to see if I would get lucky, but no such luck.
- Feb 25, '11 by girlshunt2I talked to a lady in the nursing department before Christmas- she didn't know the lowest accepted index score for spring but did add that everyone accepted had all A's in their pre-reqs... which has me a bit nervous-I have 2 B's and and A. I think my index is about a 53 which seems to be on the verge of the lower end compared to what is possible. I just can't stand suspense! Do you know anyone else that applied? The Spring hopefuls had a good thread going on here. I was hoping we'd have the same waiting game fun, lol...
- Feb 25, '11 by MemphishI don't personally know anyone applying this semester that I am aware of. Everyone I know got in this spring, hence the reason I applied without all the pre-reqs.
From what I have heard, the spring semester was one of the most competitive ever. Don't know if that is a trend or an anomaly. Typically the Fall semester is less competitive due to the higher demand for nights/weekends.
As for this thread being less active, that may mean a good thing; less competition.
- Mar 1, '11 by girlshunt2I like the way you think! Less activity, less competition I also hear that this past applicant group was the most competitive they've had- I think they accpeted 68 students.... Heard anything yet, lol? Just kidding- but at least now we're within the month!!!
- Mar 1, '11 by MemphishIt shouldn't be too long before we hear something now. Classes will be starting before you know it.
- Mar 2, '11 by grpmanI'm in the waiting line too. I just hope I didn't fill out the cell phone number wrong on the applicastion and miss that special phone call. Well, i wish all of you on the thread good luck and hopefully I'll see you in a few months.
- Mar 2, '11 by MemphishWelcome. If you see someone post they were accepted and you haven't received a call saying you were or a letter saying you weren't, then it would be time to call.
- Mar 3, '11 by grpmanthanks for the advise. I am still not sure I will accept even if I do make the cut. My wife is trying to go back to work full-time and if she doesn't get a job then I must keep working. The daytime hours just won't let me do it. I'll either finish up my bachelors or wait for spring. So, we'll see.
- Mar 3, '11 by MemphishWell good luck.
Am I premature by buying books already? I thought I could find some cheap in between semesters.