I am gonna relocate to TN and I am looking the good college - Nashville Community College, Columbia Community, Tennessee State University. I can't decide which college and I don't know anything about those colleges. Could you please advice me about these and let me know about any college other than I mentioned above which has good nursing program. (I am sincerely thinking about Columbia Community College - If you are already in Columbia - Franklin, please give me your advice and consent.
Many thanks in advance.
Jan 15, '13
Quote from middle
Thanks Everyone. This is a lot of info about colleges. I am thinking about Columbia (going to do prerequisites this semester). I already have Bachelor degree (no need of ACT ?) and hopefully, I will maintain my GPA this semester. Aquinas is really expensive and I can't get financial aid because I am an immigrant student who is studying in visa. Please feed me your pros and corns about Tennessee Tech University Nursing program and Motlow State community college. Thank you for your time to helping me to make wise decision.
Pros for TTU would have to be:
- No entrance exam or interview but you do have to submit a 250~ word essay in which you can plead your case, so to speak.
- Relatively cheap to attend; about $3500 per semester for in-state students.
- Applicants are accepted by means of popular vote by the board and not through a lottery or point system, meaning that good students aren't denied over simple technicalities. Take my word for it that I'm a testament to how well this system works, lol.
- 5 semester program
- AMAZING instructors who will, short of holding their student's hands, do their best to help them succeed.
- Awesome clinical locations. Vanderbilt, ETCH, Etc...
- Admissions is incredibly competitive
- 80+ mile commutes to clinicals
- Uniforms and stethoscope are not included with program costs.
Last edit by serendipity47 on Jan 15, '13
: Reason: typo