I didn't pass the TEAS V..
- 0Jul 27, '12 by jojo1800I feel incredibly disappointed.. I didn't pass the TEAS V.. this was my second attempt. To make things worse.. today is my birthday. I cried all afternoon.. I feel so stupid and sad. Now, I have to change my major to Computer Science. It's not fair.. I studied all month for this exam.. to not pass it. Because of this exam, I won't able to pursue my dream career. My mom spent so much money on Online Practice Tests and manuals. I feel like a failure.
- 0Jul 27, '12 by Nurse2b209How many times are you able to take the exam? The program I'm starting allowed 3 attempts at the TEAS V. The exam tells you your low scoring areas so maybe you could focus on those areas and try to figure out why you aren't understanding. Don't let this test be the reason why you can't pursue your dream of becoming a nurse. There are many people out there who've had to re take the test and ended up passing. Hopefully you're able to take the test again. Best of luck to you!!!
- 0Jul 28, '12 by xInspiredxWhy can't you apply to another school? Some schools let you take the TEAS exam more than two times. I'm not sure of the exact schools, but I remember reading this when I was researching different schools a while back. Research more schools in your area about the maximum times you can take the exam. If you really want this career, then you won't give up. Just keep trying, and you WILL eventually succeed! Good luck, and Happy Birthday!
- 0Jul 28, '12 by bellafsu89Please do not give up on your dream of becoming a nurse. When I was doing my undergrad, I didn't get into the nursing school that I wanted and didn't apply elsewhere. I graduated in a different field and have been disappointed for years. I even have my masters. I got into a program 2 years ago and then got pregnant! Now, 2 years later, and 2 kids later btw, I'm back on track with reaching my goal. If you still have had that yearning to become a nurse, you work hard until you can reach it.
Change your target school, look into other options, wait and take the test again. Don't get down on yourself!
- 0Jul 28, '12 by CDub72Hi Jojo-
Im sorry you didn't do well on your tests.. but dont give up. Im sure if you speak with someone in the nursing department they will offer different ways of you getting into the nursing program. Although some programs tell you there is a limit to how many times you can take the TEAS, if you fail it those times theres usually just a 6 month waiting period before they allow you to take it again. And also in searching this forum I find that most people say its best to take your TEAS test after doing all of your pre-reqs like a&p , chemistry etc. Dont give up its worth the fight. :-)
- 0Jul 28, '12 by Still StandingFirst if that's your dream you never supposed to give up. In life things aren't gonna go the exact way you planned and when. Things are going to happen but its about what you do afterwards. Stay positive, have faith, and tell yourself you're gonna make it. Do some research on all nursing programs in your area and their requirements. Its a competition getting in you should always apply to more than 1 school to give yourself a better chance. Btw there's no determined passing score on the teas v some schools just have a minimum score set where they will accept and some use it on the point system along with your prerequisites. But like anything they are going to tell you that you have to have a perfect score or all A's to get in, but if you don't that doesn't mean that you still can't apply. At my school they go by the point system, and I always heard that it was so hard to get in and that you had to have straight a's and so on and so on and you had to make atleast a 70 on the teas v. But guess what I got in with a B and a C and I wasn't even through with my other biology course yet for that grade could be used to add more points and I didn't have a 70 on the teas v. They had 400 applicants and I was chosen out of the 75 they accepted. And I know that, that wasn't nobody else but God! With that said keep it moving forward, you know what you want stay on that path to go get it. It's not going to be easy getting it, and believe me there are gonna be other bumps in the road, be strong and don't stay in this sad place for too long. God bless, good luck!
- 0Jul 28, '12 by ThujoneWhy does this mean you have to do computer science? Also, why do you view computer science in such a negative way? I would advise you to review the TEAS V manual in the areas that you scored poorly in and study very hard and at least try once more. At least give yourself three strikes, one to screw up on, one to improve on, and one to master.