George Washington University ANP and FNP applicants 2012
- 0Feb 22, '12 by mhinds12Hey everyone!
Just wanted to see if anyone else applied for GW's NP program for the Fall. I applied for the FNP and I'm kind of surprised there aren't any threads yet! Anyway, I noticed that most of the applicants heard back in April and May for the 2011 cohort but their application deadline was March 15th so maybe we can hope for late March or early April?
Anyone else waiting with me?!
- 1Mar 25, '12 by rroxas88Quote from mhinds12I just heard last week I got accepted to the FNP program. I'm still waiting to hear from other schools as well. I am planning to visit and meet the advisor before I make a decision. I applied in January.Hey everyone!Just wanted to see if anyone else applied for GW's NP program for the Fall. I applied for the FNP and I'm kind of surprised there aren't any threads yet! Anyway, I noticed that most of the applicants heard back in April and May for the 2011 cohort but their application deadline was March 15th so maybe we can hope for late March or early April? Anyone else waiting with me?!
- 0Mar 31, '12 by CCU-MICU-RNSince they will be retiring the ANP credential you may want to find out how and when your program is transitioning to the new Adult-Geri program. I was shocked as well to find out they are retiring the ACNP credential as well since I'm at Texas Tech's program for ANCP. At least we will be grandfathered in. Just don't let your certification run out or you'll be sh#t outta luck since you will no longer be able to take the certifying exam after 2015Quote from LuxCalidaRNI just heard that I got accepted to the ANP fall 2012 class. Still awaiting decisions from other schools before I decide...
- 0Apr 23, '12 by estepangHi,
I applied to three FNP programs for the fall of 2012, ...and just sent in my deposit for GWU! I am excited and would love to connect with other folks starting this fall. I have my RN and a non-nursing BA, so I have to take a bridge course this summer, and then I'll be attending orientation in August. I would be interested in connecting with anyone in the program.
- 0Apr 26, '12 by SCastigliaI tried to-no-avail to contact a representative at the GWU nursing department. Last year, I was informed the FNP program was full and the next admission would be Fall 2012. Since then, I had been hemming and hawing about whether to pursue my FNP or an MA in Holistic studies. The long haul speaks to a FNP career pursuit. Though now I may have exceeded the application deadline. Is the 2012 FNP program full? Funny thing, when I inquired at Georgetown's FNP program, the admission recruiter called me immediately. I would appreciate any information to assist me on this path (contact person and direct #/ext.) Great success in your education endeavors to those who are already enrolled in the NP program! TY.
- 0Jan 26, '13 by GraduateNursie2012Hi,
I graduated this past December with my BSN. I def want to go back to school and get my FNP from GWU. For those of you that have been accepted, can you give me any pointers or suggestions? My overall BSN GPA is 3.7 and my Nursing GPA (last 60 hours) is a 3.5. I don't have any experience. I would love to start next year. Do I have a chance?
Thank you so much! And congrats to all of you that have been accepted! :-)