Any study abroad NP programs?Register Today!
- by SU Redhawk Nov 25, '11Does anyone know of any NP programs that have sections of the program available in a study abroad format? Or offer anything with in international component?
I am looking to get my NP and would love to do something that involves travel.
- Nov 25, '11 by juan de la cruzI know of a colleague who attended an FNP program (UCLA) where they spent clinicals in an out-patient facility in Mexico. It is not part of the curriculum but more of an elective rotation as part of a medical mission. I would suppose there are other programs that will have similar opportunities especially by offering free services in developing countries.
- Nov 26, '11 by zenmanThe insurance issues would be tremendous. However, many schools might let you do clinicals on US soil, which includes US Embassies and military bases. I did some at Navy hospital on Marine base in Okinawa.
- Nov 26, '11 by CCRNDivaLoyola University Chicago has a yearly mission to Belize. I don't think it is for credit but the care provided in their clinic counts towards your clinical requirement.
- Jan 28, '12 by mystoryNYU offers mini semesters (usually during breaks between traditional semesters) abroad. They are theory classes like "Issues and Trends" where no clinical component is required. I know for sure Buenos Aires and Abu Dabai (sp?) are options, there may be more but I'm not sure.