John Tyler Community College Spring 2018

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hi!! I started this thread for all those who plan on applying for the JTCC Spring 18 RN session. (Hybrid or traditional)

Anybody who has previously applied to the JTCC program please feel free to join the discussion and tell us applicants how the application process went as well as how the nursing program went or is going!!

Best of luck to everyone who applies!!

Im glad you started this thread! I am applying for the hybrid track. Still working on my essay but hoping to get my application in soon. Are you applying anywhere else? Good luck!

Im glad you started this thread! I am applying for the hybrid track. Still working on my essay but hoping to get my application in soon. Are you applying anywhere else? Good luck!

Awesome!! I am applying to both the hybrid and traditional track (hybrid would be my first pick) I am also applying to j Sargent Reynolds as well!!

If you don't mind me asking what was your score on the TEAS?

Any study tips?

Hi!!! My name is Melanie. (: I am in the process of finishing my traditional nursing track application to JTCC for Spring 2018! I still have one more prerequisite to complete this fall, but I took my teas test last week and much to my surprise, did really well on it! My advice: KHAN ACADEMY A&P VIDEOS!!!!

Are you all applying anywhere other than Tyler? I'm sort of torn about applying to VCU and Bon Secours as well.....

I'm also applying to Bon Secours because I have a lot of classes that could go towards the BSN already. I also took the TEAS and was so relieved to score a 91! I'd say the best tips are going through the TEAS book, highlighting everything you don't know including the book quiz/test questions and answers in the book and reading over those. I also took the online tests. I really just think going over the book a lot was the most helpful for me. Good luck!! The wait until October for our letters seems so far away!

I also have one more prerequisite to take in the fall but they said we can still submit the application as long as we are enrolled in that prerequisite :) and congrats!!! I took it once and didn't do ask well as I had wanted to I am going to remediate and take it again and then submit my application. Are you going to the information session August 11 by any

chance?

I will most deff take a look at those videos! I am applying to J sarg in August as well.

Best of luck!!!

Wow a 91!? That's great! You should be very proud of yourself!!! I took it once and scored high enough to apply but not as high as I would have liked so I am taking it again right before the deadline.. on August 15... thanks for the tips my teas study guide is coming in the mail tomorrow!!

October does seem sooooo far away!! Once I get the application in it will be a huge weight off my shoulders though!!

Good morning!!! I actually went to the information session earlier in July! (:

And to ktbrva, that's really whacky because I got a 91 overall too, which equates to the 99th percentile! I thought there was a typo when I saw my score. í ½í¸‚

What kind of nursing are you both interested in pursuing as of right now?? (:

You guys are sure to get in!! Hopefully I can score up there too my second go round :))

I currently work at Vcu medical center on a step down unit and I would love to stay there as a nurse and I also love trauma!! What about you?!

Do you remember which Khan academy videos you watched? I looked it up and found sooooo many videos I don't know where to start!

What do you guys think about adding a letter of recomendation even though it's not required?

Hey everyone. I also applied to JTCC for Spring 2018 admission. I scored in the 94th percentile for my TEAS test, so that was pretty good. I've completed all the pre reqs as well as some co-reqs, so at this point I'm just waiting for an answer like you guys are!

I've read through some old threads of people who applied during previous admission cycles and it seems like we'll most likely figure out if we got in during the beginning to mid October.

I'm nervous, but also excited!

+ Add a Comment