Scenario Topics Interview

Nurses New Nurse

Published

Hello!

I just wanted to make a list of main topics that could be possibly asked during panel interviews of clinical scenario questions to help with future interviews, I also added some that have been asked to me as I move through finding that first job as a new grad!

Feel free to contribute!

Topics:

Stroke

Sepsis

Shock

EKG strip reading

Code Blue

Respiratory distress

MI/ Chest Pain

GI Bleed

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.

The blizzard of the century is predicted and your 4 year old's baby sitter cancelled. How many back-up baby sitters do you have? (Answer shows commitment to getting to work as scheduled and perhaps staying over if the next shift is unable to arrive. Same basic question applies to hurricanes and volcanic eruptions as well. Seriously -- I got asked about volcanic eruptions a year after Mt. St. Helens blew.)

You're preforming a procedure for the first time (pick a procedure -- it doesn't matter which one) and your preceptor stops you to tell you you're doing it incorrectly. What do you do? Answer should not involve schooling your preceptor about what your clinical instructor said. One of my orientees told me she got the job because she was the only one who answered this one without using the term "evidence based practice." I'm not sure whether to believe her, but I know *I* would have hired her based on her answer.

You want to be flexible, teachable and committed to being a good employee. We can teach you how to take care of the patients.

+ Add a Comment