NCLEX application petty theft help

Nurses Criminal

Published

Hello all, I am currently about to apply for the NCLEX in California but I have a problem and would like advice about it. I finished nursing school on December 2016, but during the summer of 2016 I was arrested for petty theft of about $750. It was my first arrest/first time shoplifting. I went into pretrial diversion, and it was expunged. The pretrial diversion lasted until late Feb 2017, and I am now about to apply. My problem is, would this hurt my chances of getting my application approved because it was during nursing school? I have done community service, have been tutoring, and also been doing many other things to show that I have learned my ways. I am also applying in California, and heard that California is very strict with applicants with past charges.

Specializes in Educator.

No-one can really say what will happen. But we do know that you must be completely honest when completing your NCLEX application, any omission or falsification will set you up for trouble. You can always try calling the BON and ask what they will require from you and if your history will affect your ability to test. I wish you the best.

Hey was your license restricted? I am in the same position as you once were and would like to hear how your situation played out please.

Yes I would like to know as well. I am in a similar situation. My arrest has been expunged and I have run a background check with the FBI on myself and nothing has come up. Were you able to get your license?

+ Add a Comment