DUI in CA: I am in the clear

Nurses Criminal

Published

This post is for those also have a misdemeanor. All nurses message board helped me gather a lot of information, granted some of the posts on here scared me to the point that I had decided to leave CA for good, but i changed my mind and decided to fight for it.

I want to say that I read a lot of posts about people who were denied a nursing license or were delayed, placed on probation, and i would like to inform you guys that none of that happened to me.

Here is the summary:

DUI from 2013, then i started nursing program out of state, i am still finishing the program and i applied in may 2015 for boards. I received their letter today saying that the board will not be taking any action against me.

More about me: first offense, just above legal limit blood alcohol level, i wrote a letter explaining my conviction where I think i did up to 10 different drafts because i couldn't get it across on paper how remorseful i was and how stupid i was for driving drunk. So i kept editing it with the help of a good friend who grilled me to make it stand out more and more. I don't know what did the trick, if it was my letter or a combination of my recommendations from nursing professors and a doctor, plus a previous employer also in nursing field.

This is to let whoever is reading this: Don't get discouraged, the scary stories about CA brn might be outdated, as they processed my stuff in just three months!!

That's awesome congratulations!! How high did you blow .09, .10?? Did you turn in a psych eval?? Can you send me the letter you sent, I'm getting ready to write my letter, and could use some insight... [email protected]

Thanks a million!!

+ Add a Comment