Stony Brook Hospital Interview

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Hi, I recently received a call for Stony Brook Hospital to come in for a interview for a fellowship and I have some questions that I am curious about before I go and I hope some of you may be able to help me.

So due to personal reasons that are excuses at the end of the day, I have failed my first NCLEX but I have to drive and determination to pass the next one that I am taking at the end of August. So that being said my questions are:

1) Should I mention that fact that I have failed my NCLEX due to the fact that my interview is before me taking the next NCLEX?

2) If I do mention it, should I give them the reasons why I did fail and what I am doing to pass the next one?

3) What should I bring to the interview? I have letter of references and my resume but some of my professors say just bring your resume and if they ask for something give them a date and send it at a later time.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you in advanced for the help.

1) and 2) - If, and only if, you are asked about NCLEX:

Just say that you plan to take it by the end of August.

That's it. No need to say that you took it before but failed.

3) Listen to your professors; just bring your resume, and maybe a notepad to take notes.

Maybe because some nurses get nervous when someone takes notes in their presence, and others encourage it.

+ Add a Comment