Disabled, Retired Inactive RN want to work from home
- 1Sep 29, '07 by ravnThis is my first post. I have been disabled since '91. I kept my FL license even after we moved out of state @ hubby's retirement until this year when I turned 66. I am wanting to supplement our income with a modest amount
only. Wondering what might be available with medical background. I taught Nursing Assistants, Unit Secretaries, and then LPN's for several years.
I have crisis online and phone line background also. Anyone know of
what type of job I might be able to find?
I sure don't miss hospital work btw! Nursing has changed tremendously
since the D. R. G's appeared.
Hope to meet some of you online.
- 20,500 Visits
- 1Nov 6, '07 by CITCATDEAR RAVEN GOD BLESS YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP THE NEED FOR NURSE INSTRUCTORS IS SO GREAT INNORTH AMERICA YA KNOW YOUR HANDYCAPABLE NOT HANDICAPPED IWISH THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT TERM I KNOW OF A NURSE WHO HAS NO KIDNEYS ONE LEG AND GUESS WHAT THERE GOIN TO SCHOOL WHY NOT START A ONLINE E BOOKS OR A SCHOOL OR BE A DYNAMIC FORCE IN POLITIC TO CHANGE WHY NURSES ARE TREATED THE SKIES THE LIMIT :spin:
- 0Nov 7, '07 by ravnhow sweet of you CitCat! Was very nice. I would love to tutor from home. I do have to work from home. Have looked for jobs on here but so many are
I am a born teacher. I loved my Nursing Instructor position more than anything I have EVER done.
I am a Christian also and have had an online ministry for 10 years.
I am founder, President, Editor and counselor. I enjoy nursing the
spirit man more than the physical one. So much is needed in that area!
- 4Nov 28, '07 by mom23RNI am doing medical transcription. You will probably have to find someone to train you or take a transcription course. Accuracy and a strong hand on the English language are a must. I love doing it, I can work from home, and the pay is easily twice what I made as an RN.
PM or email me with any questions.
- 2Jan 8, '08 by MickyB-RNQuote from mom23RNIs there good training online for medical transcription? I'd love to be able to supplement my income as an RN with something I could do at home instead of working two full time jobs. Any info is appreciated.I am doing medical transcription. You will probably have to find someone to train you or take a transcription course. Accuracy and a strong hand on the English language are a must. I love doing it, I can work from home, and the pay is easily twice what I made as an RN.
PM or email me with any questions.
- 1Apr 27, '08 by Sunflower3Mom23RN,
I realize that this thread is old, but I'd like to ask if transcription is still a viable work-at-home and good-paying option? I've been in nursing for 18 years, and got burnt out of hospital nursing-(I still miss the patients but not the environment!) I've bought a transcription course, and should be done with it in another month or so.
How long did it take you to start making the better pay? I realize there is a learning curve to this, but I already type 71wpm with 98% accuracy, so I'm hoping to make a successful go of this.
- 0Jul 25, '08 by ravnTo all that have responded to my original questionn........thanks
I am still looking. I went through some setbacks with hubby's health but am looking again and found something today that is more of a fast tract from RN to MT. I am wondering if anyone has heard of this?
All of the courses are either degrees or take a year.........I can't see why this is necessary. I am a determined person that will push to
get it done. I taught Anatomy myself so taking another course or two on that seems a waste of my time. Same with terms. However, I realize there are extreme advances in the medical field that would warrant a refresher type course in terminology. I also would love the
legal and business part of the courses as well as use of the equipment
used today (I did some MT subbing tons of years ago so know what is is like). In other words, use of Word as related to the MT job and the above I understand but this should be accomplished in months not a year or two.
ANYONE WITH ANY INFO ON THIS PLEASE CONTACT ME SO THAT I GET NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL. On here is welcome too. I will be better at check this more often.
I have a prayer blog I run so I am busy on it a lot.
Thanks for all info.